Douglas Luiz

He's really only been good since the restart. Before then he was getting slated on Villa Talk (just been skimming through his thread there)
Personally would keep him at Villa another year, the buy back only goes up a few million a year iirc, and then make a decision on him vs Rodri. Imo, we need a more mobile Regista/Gundogan type as an alternative to Rodri, esp. to make up for having less control in CM with David gone

He's really only been good since the restart. Before then he was getting slated on Villa Talk (just been skimming through his thread there)
Personally would keep him at Villa another year, the buy back only goes up a few million a year iirc, and then make a decision on him vs Rodri. Imo, we need a more mobile Regista/Gundogan type as an alternative to Rodri, esp. to make up for having less control in CM with David gone

Prior to the break he was learning to play in a new league, in a new country, with a new team. Before that he was desperately wanted by us. He is different to Rodri and would allow us to adopt a more open style of play in certain games, which is why we should stop seeing things in terms of either x or y.

Always thought we would buy Luiz back somewhere down the line.
Thought in all honesty when we sold him last summer to villa he would stay there for maybe 2 seasons before coming back.
Be interesting to see if he immediately slots in, no questioning his potential and ability, as bar grealish he has been villas best player, some may say even better.
Personally I would love to see him come back and make that DM role his own for years to come.

Love it how the same people who repeatedly slag off Grealish and say he just “looks good in a crap team” are now changing their narrative and are saying that Douglas Luiz would be a great signing.

FWIW I think both are great players and would do well for us under Pep. Would have preferred to leave Luiz at Villa to continue his development for another year but if the club think he’s ready to return I’m all for it.

Prior to the break he was learning to play in a new league, in a new country, with a new team. Before that he was desperately wanted by us. He is different to Rodri and would allow us to adopt a more open style of play in certain games, which is why we should stop seeing things in terms of either x or y.

I'd just be wary of basing too much on half a dozen games or so after a 3 month pandemic-induced break.

If he comes, whose place does he take in terms of foreign spots?

Zinckencho?
For now David Silva's. The rest of our business would most likely be one for one with an outgoing. If we end up buying a false nine though we'd have to make room with either Zinchenko or a homegrown backup keeper to replace Bravo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.