Douglas Luiz

I'd just be wary of basing too much on half a dozen games or so after a 3 month pandemic-induced break.
It’s hardly based on a few months of form. He was only playing at the Villa in the first place because we couldn’t get the work permit. That barrier no longer applies so we can pick up the player that we wanted all along. When he was playing for us, admittedly in preseason games, he stood like a sore thumb, not only in terms of his mobility but also in terms of the ease with which he had picked up the system. He also strikes me as a player who won’t be settling just to be a back up, so at that price I’d rather get him in now and let him compete.

Villa fans everywhere are absolutely devastated with this news. Should tell you all about it. I believe him playing for Pep in a better system with better players can elevate his game even more. Not against this signing at all. Assuming Dinho won’t play DM anymore, he will split time with Rodri and that is enough game time for him.

I’ve watched a couple of Villa games and he’s not good enough for this team. Gundogan is ten times the footballer.

If he’s meant to provide competition for Rodri as a defensive mid, we will all be disappointed. He’s not that pacy either.

Probably fake news.
I'm sure Pep can teach Luiz to constantly pass the ball sideways/back to the CBs and not press the opponent, in no time.

I’ve watched a couple of Villa games and he’s not good enough for this team. Gundogan is ten times the footballer.

If he’s meant to provide competition for Rodri as a defensive mid, we will all be disappointed. He’s not that pacy either.

Probably fake news.
I am convinced Pep will take this lad up a few gears, he plays in a truly awful Villa team. What do you want him to do? At the same age Fernandinho was knocking around Ukraine and look at how he developed.

He is a competition and backup to Rodri, we need one.

Where was the logic in selling him rather than loaning him for a year? We're now considering spending £25m on a player we sold for £15m. Is it simply because of the work permit issue?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.