Douglas Luiz

I am convinced Pep will take this lad up a few gears, he plays in a truly awful Villa team. What do you want him to do? At the same age Fernandinho was knocking around Ukraine and look at how he developed.

He is a competition and backup to Rodri, we need one.

I really don’t believe he’s the right fit.
Look up Bennacer from AC Milan. He’s like a pitbull, strong tackler and fast. Exactly what we need imo.

I really don’t believe he’s the right fit.
Look up Bennacer from AC Milan. He’s like a pitbull, strong tackler and fast. Exactly what we need imo.
And is more than double the price which I presume is a factor in this, as well as prem experience. He is coming off the back of a really good 6/7 weeks. He will be up to speed straight away which is no doubt a plus point.

Where was the logic in selling him rather than loaning him for a year? We're now considering spending £25m on a player we sold for £15m. Is it simply because of the work permit issue?
If we’d loaned him he wouldn’t have got a permit as he’d still be our player.

It’s hardly based on a few months of form. He was only playing at the Villa in the first place because we couldn’t get the work permit. That barrier no longer applies so we can pick up the player that we wanted all along. When he was playing for us, admittedly in preseason games, he stood like a sore thumb, not only in terms of his mobility but also in terms of the ease with which he had picked up the system. He also strikes me as a player who won’t be settling just to be a back up, so at that price I’d rather get him in now and let him compete.

Maybe but we've seen him struggle in the PL for longer (and during a time the integrity of the league wasn't in question - ignoring VAR) than he has done well. Some of that may be down to youth, new country etc. but it's unknown at this point.

Zucullini looked decent in pre season too. I don't put much stock in that.

Luiz has talent and looks like he could become an allrounder type DM like Dinho was but it's far from certain and likely wouldn't happen for a few years yet at the needed consistency and with the buy back only going up a few mill next summer and this summer being so important - we must as least win back the PL - I'd be going for guaranteed quality, esp. in midfield.

Another year developing at Villa rather than being in and out of the team here (and probably sometimes not even on the bench) would probably be better for him in the long run.

And is more than double the price which I presume is a factor in this, as well as prem experience. He is coming off the back of a really good 6/7 weeks. He will be up to speed straight away which is no doubt a plus point.

I’m just tired of signing players that could end up good. Douglas is mediocre, he won’t offer much that Gundogan doesn’t already have.

We don’t have a single player in our squad with the attributes similar to Fernandinho. Rodri is a holding mid, he’s not especially good as a defensive mid. We desperately need someone who can quickly close the midfield. This club needs a strong, fast and very aggressive player, someone who knows how to win the ball back. We don’t need another jogger. Bennacer is excellent, he’s like a young Kanté. And he can pass a ball.

I’m just tired of signing players that could end up good. Douglas is mediocre, he won’t offer much that Gundogan doesn’t already have.

We don’t have a single player in our squad with the attributes similar to Fernandinho. Rodri is a holding mid, he’s not especially good as a defensive mid. We desperately need someone who can quickly close the midfield. This club needs a strong, fast and very aggressive player, someone who knows how to win the ball back. We don’t need another jogger. Bennacer is excellent, he’s like a young Kanté. And he can pass a ball.

Pep doesn’t want a player like that in the role. Hence Gündy, Rodri, Jorginho etc. Don’t see us signing the new Nigel de Jong anytime soon

I’ve watched a couple of Villa games and he’s not good enough for this team. Gundogan is ten times the footballer.

If he’s meant to provide competition for Rodri as a defensive mid, we will all be disappointed. He’s not that pacy either.

Probably fake news.
Whenever I watched him I thought not only he wasn't enough for us but that he wasn't good enough for Villa.

Some people have said he improved in the last games of the season but that is such a big risk. Huddersfield also looked good defensively 2 years ago, 3 months later they performed so bad the Derby County record was under threat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.