Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fun thinking of starting line-ups with Messi, my second crack that I think is more balanced

----------------------Aguero---------------
Foden-----KdB------------Messi----------Torres
--------------------Rodri
Ake--------Laporte-------New CB-----Walker

Walker and Ake come inside to give Rodri support --> Ake I think will be a huge improvement for us in this regard

Foden left-footed LW, Torres right-footed RW whipping pin-point crosses to Aguero, Kdb, and Messi... Aguero and KdB are probably already our best finishers, but now add Messi and its unfair.

KdB and Messi are the prime creators playing centrally, with stronger foot allowing them to cut inside if they need to, can easily swap with each because they play so close.

Sterling, Jesus, Mahrez, Bernardo (4 players) as rotation for that front 5, really good depth.

Gundogan, Mendy, Cancelo, Stones, Tosin? (5 players) as rotatio for back 5.

Angelino also maybe, could play LB, and maybe even better LW whipping those crosses with Ake behind him.

Well BBC breakfast not talking about it at all, but the two screens behind the blonde silly Sally stand in shows Messi in Barca kit .
Edit they have now !!

Just imagine being an academy kid, any age, and Messi rocks up watching you play or train, standing beside your dad who’s been a life long blue. Fuck me!
His impact on City will go way beyond goals and assists, it will shine a bright light on every aspect of our wonderful club. If he signs of course.
Where else would he go? Providing he still has faith in his ability, I only see him at City. I feel that at 33 it will not have a fairy tale finish. Football is so physically demanding. Players like Toure, David Silva. Aguero all reach an age when they cannot go on as before but no one wants to believe this.

It is enough for some that Messi signs for City. A circus is about to start. I would have preferred City to go all out to win the title back, and challenge for the Champions league with players like Koulibaly. City have now been presented with Messi and I don't see how City can refuse the opportunity to sign him. The fans will love it for now. City were runners up to Liverpool. We fell just short in the Champions League, but whisper it so did Messi. For now all that will go on hold.

It is 100% happening.

Now, the important part is to see if Messi manages to leave on free or if you find a middle ground with Barcelona (they have accepted his will to leave) to prevent any legal battle.

Imo, the second option is the more likely. Something like 100+ one player (Eric Garcia for example).

100m is a hell of a lot to pay as courtesy. Can't see that (but then, couldn't see this tbh). No way would any club chose to pay that much if he has formally triggered a release. if anything, pay the going rate Fifa set for development of youth players and call it a day. And accept 10m for garcia, as courtesy.

I imagine if it is a technicality over a date vs the end of a season, it could be resolved quickly, in the circumstances, with multiple players workdwide having contracts automatically extended to cover this period of extra time, i imagine it woyld be hard to argua on barca's side.

On holiday in turkey and all the snide kits either have
Messi on back of Barca
Neymar on back of PSG
CRap on back of Juventus

These are the only ones the kids want to wear

Just signing Messi brings a totally different global image of City

He is such a valuable asset to have in terms of global exposure and what a player to have in your line up

Just had a thought. Surely if this was 100% happening silva would have stayed to at least play one season with Messi we gave him the option but he left you would think the chance to play with Messi would have made him stay

Fun thinking of starting line-ups with Messi, my second crack that I think is more balanced

----------------------Aguero---------------
Foden-----KdB------------Messi----------Torres
--------------------Rodri
Ake--------Laporte-------New CB-----Walker

Walker and Ake come inside to give Rodri support --> Ake I think will be a huge improvement for us in this regard

Foden left-footed LW, Torres right-footed RW whipping pin-point crosses to Aguero, Kdb, and Messi... Aguero and KdB are probably already our best finishers, but now add Messi and its unfair.

KdB and Messi are the prime creators playing centrally, with stronger foot allowing them to cut inside if they need to, can easily swap with each because they play so close.

Sterling, Jesus, Mahrez, Bernardo (4 players) as rotation for that front 5, really good depth.

Gundogan, Mendy, Cancelo, Stones, Tosin? (5 players) as rotatio for back 5.

Angelino also maybe, could play LB, and maybe even better LW whipping those crosses with Ake behind him.

The Best Striker in PL history, The Best Midfielder in PL history (if KDB's trajectory holds it's possible), thrown in with just....oh, I dunno...the greatest player of all time.

HAHAHA!

I'm going to have to run some numbers here... We could potentially have three 20 goal scorers with KDB and Messi pushing 15+ assists.

Conservative Estimations...
Kun - 20g + 3a.
KDB - 15g + 15a.
Messi - 25g + 12a.

That's without Raz, Mahrez, and Torres too. Silly season.

Just had a thought. Surely if this was 100% happening silva would have stayed to at least play one season with Messi we gave him the option but he left you would think the chance to play with Messi would have made him stay
Decision already made before this circus started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.