Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Allgations being made at Barca that's he's told the board who he wants as their new coach and told the current one who to pick last weekend. Looking at the way he acted after we outplayed them this season it wouldn't surprise me.

If they are proven it's a definite no from me.

Seems rather a cute tale imo.

So would I be right in coming to the conclusion that we are too good for Messi?
Well we've had a good few worse than him play for us over the years let me tell you!

Agree.

Haven't we learnt from Robinho?
Not the same argument. 1 Robihno was not the best player in the world and 2, Robihno was actually 24 when he came. I.e. The right age to get a budding star. So in a lot of ways Robihno actually is the kind of player we should be getting. He just didn't work out.

Not the same argument. 1 Robihno was not the best player in the world and 2, Robihno was actually 24 when he came. I.e. The right age to get a budding star. So in a lot of ways Robihno actually is the kind of player we should be getting. He just didn't work out.
RobiNHo was a statement signing and did his job perfectly. A bit similar to the rags signing Di Maria, just they got stuck on the bit after.

Allgations being made at Barca that's he's told the board who he wants as their new coach and told the current one who to pick last weekend. Looking at the way he acted after we outplayed them this season it wouldn't surprise me.

If they are proven it's a definite no from me.

Sounds like someone's trying to make him the scapegoat for Barca's decline.

2/3 years to late but it wouldnt stop me getting excited if we signed him!!! A few people saying nike will subsidise his 350k wages and 120m transfer fee but they also say its unlikley to still go through!!!!

I can't quite believe I'm turning my nose up at Messi - and part of me would be happy if we got him but the rational side of me says NO.

Pep is building something good here, with young players, that's exciting and unique to us. If we bring in Messi we will be Barca mark 2, when in fact we can have our own identity. Sane, Jesus et al can be stars at this club, they will be our superstars and will create hopefully a dynasty. Signing Messi will change that - Pep will be seen as a one trick pony and we will pay homage to someone in Messi who's best years were at another club. I think we are on the road to greatness and I'd like to do it our way without importing people like Messi who look like shortcuts to greatness. I think Pep will get it right but I prefer him to do it with his own set of emerging players and leave Barca and Bayern behind.

2/3 years to late but it wouldnt stop me getting excited if we signed him!!! A few people saying nike will subsidise his 350k wages and 120m transfer fee but they also say its unlikley to still go through!!!!

The finances has never been a problem in signing Messi. Everything is in place there. Messi not wanting to leave Barca on the other hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.