Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't quite believe I'm turning my nose up at Messi - and part of me would be happy if we got him but the rational side of me says NO.

Pep is building something good here, with young players, that's exciting and unique to us. If we bring in Messi we will be Barca mark 2, when in fact we can have our own identity. Sane, Jesus et al can be stars at this club, they will be our superstars and will create hopefully a dynasty. Signing Messi will change that - Pep will be seen as a one trick pony and we will pay homage to someone in Messi who's best years were at another club. I think we are on the road to greatness and I'd like to do it our way without importing people like Messi who look like shortcuts to greatness. I think Pep will get it right but I prefer him to do it with his own set of emerging players and leave Barca and Bayern behind.

Fuck that, I'd rather cheat and sign messi.

So Luis Enrique stops this summer. Wonder if that impacts the chances of signing Messi.

If anything I think it makes it more likely for him to stay. But Barcelona will be making it risky if they don't extend him as he's out of contract in 16 months.

1. It isn't your money.
2. He literally pays for himself.
3. It's Lionel Messi.

Why? Statistically he's still playing as good as ever with no signs of slowing, he's a perennial Ballon D'Or and would be with a manager and in a system that gets the best out of him. What difference does being 29 make when he could go to 35 at the highest level?

Oh, I see, you're a wum then. Carry on.

1. It isn't your money either.
2. He pays for himself? Give over
3. Yeah its Lionel Messi, BUT if he was younger then yeah I would be ok with this......

BUT he isn't, all HE will be is a overpriced mercenary footballer, not only costing the club a lot of money, but also stopping any potential youth players from breaking out into the team.

BUT its Messi, its all ok isn't it.

Spoke with a number of people on this and they are in agree-ance with me. Why have this lovely Academy which blues brag about all the time when we aren't giving any a chance because of Messi.

and a WUM ?? haha give over. I noticed you didn't deny what I said either.

1. It isn't your money either.
2. He pays for himself? Give over
3. Yeah its Lionel Messi, BUT if he was younger then yeah I would be ok with this......

1. Yep.
2. No actual arguments? Ok, moving along,
3. Why do you think anyone here gives a flying fuck whether you're ok with it or not?

BUT he isn't, all HE will be is a overpriced mercenary footballer,

Nope.

not only costing the club a lot of money,

The club wants to pay it.

but also stopping any potential youth players from breaking out into the team.

Oh so he IS good then, seems like we're doing a little backtracking. Before he's old and declining, now he's good enough to lock out our youth players. Make up your mind.

BUT its Messi, its all ok isn't it.

36 goals and 7 assists in 34 games so far this season. I'd say it's all ok.

Spoke with a number of people on this and they are in agree-ance with me.

Irrelevant hear-say.

Plenty of people in this very thread disagree with you and think you're ignorant. If people want to say Lionel Messi, the best player in the game, isn't worth the money let them come and put a rational argument for their opinion on here. Certainly would be more than you've done.

Why have this lovely Academy which blues brag about all the time when we aren't giving any a chance because of Messi.

News flash. Leroy Sane, Raheem Sterling, Gabriel Jesus, Kevin De Bruyne, all of these players are blocking academy lads and none of them are Messi. Every single signing will do this.

If the academy lads are good enough they'll get in, if not then we buy players that are good enough.

and a WUM ?? haha give over. I noticed you didn't deny what I said either.

I notice you didn't deny being a wum.

I agree he's getting older and IMO he'll suffer more than Ronaldo from his slowing down but if available I'd go for it (hoping he'd adapt his game as required).

If we don't sign Messi are we definitely promoting a youth player? I'm not sure we would although I hope we do start bring more up. So I don't think that arguement works.

IMO it could benefit the academy if we sign Messi for mega-money.
1. It'll mean less money left for other signings (hopefully enough still for the defense though)
2. He'll help mentor other players as they come through, like Diaz, Foden, Roberts and Sancho
3. He'll create a buzz to motivate the young players further

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.