It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway what stops the Sheikh to sign a deal with Messi to do a 5 minute tv commercial for UAE for 50m, totally unrelated to City.

And then he signs for City for 10m per year salary.

he still gets the same total in the end, we are not in trouble for ffp, Messi gets his money, everyone is happy.

Why we need to put all his salary into our costs?:)
Didn't Neymar get a wedge for promoting Qatar or the World Cup bid, it's been done before.

what is to stop City giving Messi a basic wage of 200k and lets say a 5% stake in the club..........when Messi leaves Sheikh buys the 5% back
Probably nothing but I don’t think we should be giving players a percentage of the club as a way forward even if it’s just a dodge

£100m plus Garcia and Angelino seems like a reasonable compromise, and enough for both sides to save face, given his age, contract situation and seeming desire to leave.
I just don’t really see how that’s viable though.

£150m package transfer package and a further £100m a year in wages?

Of course he’ll help us increase our commercial revenue, but not that much!

It’s always been a dream to see him play for City, but if we have to pay a transfer fee, I just don’t see it being possible.

Sponsors do need the work with us on this, no other way.

Nissan, Puma, Etihad all have to give more from this season. what if they dont want to? Then Mansour need to make a few phone calls. This would give a huge boost for a new shirt,stadium name sponsor imo. Etihad expiring end of season, with Messi in the team we need a very big increase on shirt sponsor deal.

If we were clever we have put into contract that in case Messi arrives the sponsorship amount goes up.

Wonder if there is any way to get CFG share the cost of Messi.
Let Girona buy him and loan him to us. :)

Also what about the image rights of Messi, I imagine big part of Barca salary coming from image rights, nobody knows what deal he has with Barca on it.

I am sure we could make lot of commercials with Messi for lots of money, how much of that money he would get and how many would end up on as City revenue.

Or is that purely income for Messi separately from football income? I dont think so.

Sorry if I've missed it but I'd like @Prestwich_Blue to give his view of the finances of this transfer would work out. I know there's plenty of unknowns but just a hyperthetical view of whether its doable or not.

Obviously if Messi only wants £10 per week its okay and if he wants £5m per week it isn't. But making some assumptions such as Garcia and Angelino going to them and with Messi saying money won't be an issue, what is a reasonable impact on our financial position with regard to FFP and our required outlay on other positions.

Shouldn't be too hard (lol)

I just don’t really see how that’s viable though.

£150m package transfer package and a further £100m a year in wages?

Of course he’ll help us increase our commercial revenue, but not that much!

It’s always been a dream to see him play for City, but if we have to pay a transfer fee, I just don’t see it being possible.
Prestwich blue Colin Savage disagrees:

Sorry if I've missed it but I'd like @Prestwich_Blue to give his view of the finances of this transfer would work out. I know there's plenty of unknowns but just a hyperthetical view of whether its doable or not.

Obviously if Messi only wants £10 per week its okay and if he wants £5m per week it isn't. But making some assumptions such as Garcia and Angelino going to them and with Messi saying money won't be an issue, what is a reasonable impact on our financial position with regard to FFP and our required outlay on other positions.

Shouldn't be too hard (lol)
PB here:

If he'd asked to leave in June for instance you can guarantee that Barca would have said no as the season hasn't ended.

Exactly! I'm not a legal Eagle by any stretch, but I would've thought that as an employer, it was incumbent upon Barca to ask Messi if he was going to be there the following season, so they make the necessary squad arrangements?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.