It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if I've missed it but I'd like @Prestwich_Blue to give his view of the finances of this transfer would work out. I know there's plenty of unknowns but just a hyperthetical view of whether its doable or not.

Obviously if Messi only wants £10 per week its okay and if he wants £5m per week it isn't. But making some assumptions such as Garcia and Angelino going to them and with Messi saying money won't be an issue, what is a reasonable impact on our financial position with regard to FFP and our required outlay on other positions.

Shouldn't be too hard (lol)

Apparently we have some thing like 42 official sponsorship partners and all have a Messi Tax clause in their agreements. Apparently if he signs during their terms then we have a right to renegotiate the terms, or end the contracts.
Etihad have to be careful, an airline cannot be seen in this climate to be increasing deals then claiming poverty. However, what the sensible thing to do would be to get Etihad to continue the current deal but only sponsor the campus. We hen are free to sign a new shirt sponsor for £Xm per year increasing our income/worth.
its about time Etislat started dipping their hand in to their pockets more. Or the Abu Dhabi tourist board used the shirt to promote tourism in the country.
i can’t see many sponsors walking away and I see many more jumping onboard. I imagine ou Chinese connections/links are already on the phone.

£100m plus Garcia and Angelino seems like a reasonable compromise, and enough for both sides to save face, given his age, contract situation and seeming desire to leave.
100m and 50m in players? No Chance for a 33 yr old however good he is.

Far too much, 50 million tops for me, unless he is going to take a very large pay cut.

City will get 2 years out of him at most, this would be an incredible signing but not one at all costs.

Sponsors do need the work with us on this, no other way.

Nissan, Puma, Etihad all have to give more from this season. what if they dont want to? Then Mansour need to make a few phone calls. This would give a huge boost for a new shirt,stadium name sponsor imo. Etihad expiring end of season, with Messi in the team we need a very big increase on shirt sponsor deal.

If we were clever we have put into contract that in case Messi arrives the sponsorship amount goes up.

Wonder if there is any way to get CFG share the cost of Messi.
Let Girona buy him and loan him to us. :)

Also what about the image rights of Messi, I imagine big part of Barca salary coming from image rights, nobody knows what deal he has with Barca on it.

I am sure we could make lot of commercials with Messi for lots of money, how much of that money he would get and how many would end up on as City revenue.

Or is that purely income for Messi separately from football income? I dont think so.
Etihad and Nissan are in no position to offer anything. They have been hammered with the covid situation and have far more important things to worry about.
Puma , maybe but Messi would have to leave Adidas?

Some people are working themselves into a frenzy about this. Advocating £100m plus players worth £50m+ with eye-watering wages on top for a 33 year old ?

I know it's Messi but really ?

see the video above your post, it’s explained really well that the numbers you are talking are not only easy to recoup but also make a profit on.

Anyway what stops the Sheikh to sign a deal with Messi to do a 5 minute tv commercial for UAE for 50m, totally unrelated to City.

And then he signs for City for 10m per year salary.

he still gets the same total in the end, we are not in trouble for ffp, Messi gets his money, everyone is happy.

Why we need to put all his salary into our costs?:)
We'd have to be state owned and paying backhanders.....shhhhh UEFA/CAS have ears everywhere.

£100m plus Garcia and Angelino seems like a reasonable compromise, and enough for both sides to save face, given his age, contract situation and seeming desire to leave.

I don’t think we should compromise at all.

£140m considering Garcia and Angelino valuations for a player that has a clause to leave at the end of each season for free is a crazy figure.

The clause was set for June as all club competitions usually end in June. Due to COVID that has changed so FIFA have made it possible to extend contracts, loans etc. Even moved the transfer window due to exceptional circumstances.

We should be getting Messi for free, not giving £100m plus 2 players to Barcelona and listening to their interpretation of the clause. So they are saying Messi could have left the club end of June when they still had 5 La Liga matches to play as well as Champions league? Of course they wouldn’t let him and would say it’s not the end of the season yet, you can’t leave.

If it was the other way around they wouldn’t want to pay even a symbolic fee to us.

Look at their attempt to negotiate for Garcia, not even offering £10m. It’s laughable.

Show no mercy.

see the video above your post, it’s explained really well that the numbers you are talking are not only easy to recoup but also make a profit on.
We would need to be really careful, even after the CAS verdict many other fans still believe we are corrupt or dodgy in our dealings. This one deal will be under more scrutiny than all our others combined. I like your thinking though and im sure Neymar did something similar.

I don’t think we should compromise at all.

£140m considering Garcia and Angelino valuations for a player that has a clause to leave at the end of each season for free is a crazy figure.

The clause was set for June as all club competitions usually end in June. Due to COVID that has changed so FIFA have made it possible to extend contracts, loans etc. Even moved the transfer window due to exceptional circumstances.

We should be getting Messi for free, not giving £100m plus 2 players to Barcelona and listening to their interpretation of the clause. So they are saying Messi could have left the club end of June when they still had 5 La Liga matches to play as well as Champions league? Of course they wouldn’t let him and would say it’s not the end of the season yet, you can’t leave.

If it was the other way around they wouldn’t want to pay even a symbolic fee to us.

Look at their attempt to negotiate for Garcia, not even offering £10m. It’s laughable.

Show no mercy.
Yep, foot on their throat, keep it there.

I think €100 mill is the magic number. A lengthy legal battle doesn't suit anyone and a fee that significant, given his age, allows them to spin it as a good result for them.

We'll sell them Garcia for €30 mill in an unrelated transfer. Everyone's a winner... at least I hope it pans out like that!

Except once we pay 100m fof messi, the cunts will bid 10m for garcia and play hardball till we cave and sell him for 11m. Because, erm they can as he wants to leave and only has a year on his contract left. Fuck them, if roles were reversed theyd be paying us nothing. They'd lobby to get his contract enforced and claim rights and wrongs of all sorts. hypocritical pricks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.