It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully they let him leave, surly they can’t risk him going for free next season. Looks like city will have to pay something for him.

I can’t see how it helps anyone to sour the relationship possibly beyond repair. They’ll want him associated with the club in the future surely. Just let the man leave on his own terms. He’s 33 and he absolutely deserves it.

My Messi bomb...

Walk out. Sue barcelona bosses for restraint of trade.

Then regardless of the outcome, sign for City on a free next Summer with City making up any Messi losses. That should concentrate minds.

This way the risk is not on City. It would mean sacrificing a season but better that than being disrespected. When faced with this prospect, Barca would collapse.

My Messi bomb...

Walk out. Sue barcelona bosses for restraint of trade.

Then regardless of the outcome, sign for City on a free next Summer with City making up any Messi losses. That should concentrate minds.

This way the risk is not on City. It would mean sacrificing a season but better that than being disrespected. When faced with this prospect, Barca would collapse.

I agree.

I don't want him next summer. I want him now.

No point him languishing somewhere he doesn't want to be. That would be dangerous. He could fade rapidly if he loses the hunger by being forced to stay somewhere he'd rather not be.

If he moves to City now, it could retain, reignite that hunger to still be the very best for 2 or 3 more seasons.

what is to stop City giving Messi a basic wage of 200k and lets say a 5% stake in the club..........when Messi leaves Sheikh buys the 5% back

Say he’s given a three year deal, then £33.3m amortisation per year isn’t an issue. Silva, Bravo & Sane’s wages off the books should help with his salary, and with FFP rules being relaxed it’d presumably be do-able.
A two year window for ffp instead of one I believe. What we lose this year can be made up next year to help balance the books.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.