It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd hope not too, but you can be blinded by more exciting things.

We’re working on two deals outside Messi. The general message is that the transfer plans this summer remain unchanged. Messi will be a bonus on top not someone who changes what we do elsewhere.

Seems to be an obvious determination to have a good window.

Imo the only way barca win this contract dispute is if there is an actual date set in the contract for example cut off for the release cause is the 10th of June
Now with la liga and champs league final finishing on different dates every year, it would be hard to insert a specific date in the contract to give messi enough time at the end of the season to sit down take stock and make his decision.
Thats why I'm wondering if the wording in the contract doesn't have a specific date but gives a time scale maybe 10 days after the champions league to activate the clause.

Some people are working themselves into a frenzy about this. Advocating £100m plus players worth £50m+ with eye-watering wages on top for a 33 year old ?

I know it's Messi but really ?

Leo is still the best player in football. I don’t see how that has changed, despite the quality of his team declining. I don’t understand how fans can be questioning a potential deal for 100m + players. Look at the transfer market and you’ll see absolute mediocre players go for high fees (Maguire), but we should hesitate on the best player?

We’re working on two deals outside Messi. The general message is that the transfer plans this summer remain unchanged. Messi will be a bonus on top not someone who changes what we do elsewhere.

Please tell me one is a LB.

Said it at the time, our biggest result both on and off the field last season was winning that CAS hearing, I was happy to sacrifice any trophy to win that hearing alone due to the reins it would've put on the club and held us back had we lost.

Imagine the opportunity arising of buying the best player in the world and we'd lost that hearing, it would be like going to a sex party and being the only one there without a condom?

Even if you looked at it entirely from the point of view of your club, I think you still conclude that it's better to take £100m now than retain a demotivated player for 6 more months.

If a City player had given his entire career for my club, I would at the very end feel dishonoured if I did not respect the player. It's easy to say that from our position I know.
It’s Bartomeu though. Reason, honour, and respect don’t exist.

Leo is still the best player in football. I don’t see how that has changed, despite the quality of his team declining. I don’t understand how fans can be questioning a potential deal for 100m + players. Look at the transfer market and you’ll see absolute mediocre players go for high fees (Maguire), but we should hesitate on the best player?
Agree about the mediocre players but that was before the covid issue.

Messi is still the best but he's not superhuman, he is 33.

Realistically how long could he remain the best, in the premier league? 2 seasons tops?

If so, 100m plus players is far too great a sum, especially with wages on top and with 12 months remaining on his contract (not forgetting the can go free at the end of the season clause)

Last edited:

Very glad to hear that. Messi is indeed the cherry. We could have won the Champions League had we not had a major problem in our defence, and already it looks stronger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.