It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree about the mediocre players but that was before the covid issue.

Messi is still the best but he's not superhuman, he is 33.

Realistically how long could he remain the best, in the premier league? 2 seasons tops?

If so, 100m plus players is far too great a sum, especially with wages on top.
He will attract new sponsors which in itself will more than pay off fee

We’re working on two deals outside Messi. The general message is that the transfer plans this summer remain unchanged. Messi will be a bonus on top not someone who changes what we do elsewhere.

Seems to be an obvious determination to have a good window.

Ok. I'll take a guess. Koulibaly is the obvious one. And the other is probably Ait Nouri.

Torres
Ake
Ait Nouri
Koulibaly
Messi

Good window indeed.

He will attract new sponsors which in itself will more than pay off fee
He will but 100m plus transfer and wages of at least 500k week, that's a lot of sponsors and not a good time to be looking for new ones.
Added to that, he's a Barca icon, will a 33 yr Old Messi in sky blue attract as much sponsor $?

Leo is still the best player in football. I don’t see how that has changed, despite the quality of his team declining. I don’t understand how fans can be questioning a potential deal for 100m + players. Look at the transfer market and you’ll see absolute mediocre players go for high fees (Maguire), but we should hesitate on the best player?
I can countenance a valuation of £100m but no more - see Ronaldo's move to Juventus. I do not think he is the best player in football now. Neymar, Mbappe, KDB, Salah, Davies are all players who would have a significantly higher transfer value.

Please tell me one is a LB.
I don’t think we’ll buy one. Cancelo and Mendy will take that spot. Cancelo also cover for RB and Ake cover for LB if needed. I know there’s better LB options out there, but given the existing squad I think it’s a position that you need to sell before you buy (I.e Mendy).

It’s Bartomeu though. Reason, honour, and respect don’t exist.

Is it not time someone challenged these ridiculous contract buyout clauses under employment law.
Surely it is restrictive practice if not slavery (albeit well paid slaves)

Either they have to go or FFP as no club could comply also taking wages into consideration

I can countenance a valuation of £100m but no more - see Ronaldo's move to Juventus. I do not think he is the best player in football now. Neymar, Mbappe, KDB, Salah, Davies are all players who would have a significantly higher transfer value.

There's a case to be made that Messi is still the best player in the attacking phase of the game. But there is more to football than just attacking. Besides, if City organise everything around KDB and tell him to concentrate entirely on our attacking play and not bother to defend/press, then KDB's numbers would be comparable to Messi's or even better.

Messi is worth a high fee not just because of his current ability but also because of his marketing value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.