Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see why giving Messi shares in CFG is pretty prudent in the long term growth of the organisation. Look at Micheal Jordan, who became the first billionaire athlete long after he retired, having Messi assist in the growth of the North American and South American side of the CFG will be beneficial for him and City. What’s Messi’s potential earnings compared to Jordan’s in the future?
Exactly mate.

Because he is his manager and agent and I would expect he also has power of attorney to sign on the player's behalf. It may as well be Messi there in person.

Ah, cheers, I didn't know that.
Still I find it odd that it took him this long to get involved.

I can see why giving Messi shares in CFG is pretty prudent in the long term growth of the organisation. Look at Micheal Jordan, who became the first billionaire athlete long after he retired, having Messi assist in the growth of the North American and South American side of the CFG will be beneficial for him and City. What’s Messi’s potential earnings compared to Jordan’s in the future?
All day long. Are you a CFG member by any chance?

I don't think I'm over analyzing anything, simply wondering what makes his dad such an important figure in this saga. How could he be expected to solve anything that club, player, league representatives and lawyers don't? And if he is the key in this negotiations, why wasn't he involved from the beginning?
Isn't his Dad his agent? Probably that detail is the most important part besides being his Dad.

If by dynamic you mean excitement and morale then that's patently not going to be true. I bet players like Foden, Jesus, De Bruyne, Aguero are even more excited about playing with Messi than we are watching him.

There is a risk in investing a lot of resources in one player but the only reason we can do this deal is because Messi wants to go. He's on strike. He tried to execute his release clause. The wages will be a drain but even when Messi is not playing he will still create huge revenue for the club. I am pretty sure that guys like Silverlake Investments probably knew about these plans and City will be set up to exploit that.

To be honest I do think City fans should acknowledge that at 33 he's not the player he was at 25 but it makes sense for City in a way that doesn't for Barcelona.
From a financial perspective, allocating/issuing equity to Messi as a payment is quite innovative (not entirely a new concept mind) in football.

for city, it would be like paying/issuing Messi with ‘x’ amount in equity which would be his investment in city (have a shareholding).

from a cash flow perspective, rather than have an outgoing in expenses (P&L), City use this as additional investment (carry it on the balance sheet) and generate further revenue (a given with the exposure messi provides).

higher revenue increases the value of the shares growing both messi’s investment and other shareholders.

trying to compare this as a transaction and it would be something like an acquisition by city of a revenue generating entity. Whereby city’s acquisition is more an investment in themselves to further enhance their revenue generation capacity.

In financial world, acquisition/merger of CYBG and Virgin money comes to mind in the last couple of years.

I think from a financial perspective, this is not going to cause any issues with ffp unless of course ffp is revised to address this (using cas verdict as an excuse to revise the rules).
Even then, It would be a case of Uefa cutting off the nose to spite the face by isolating city with Messi in their team and their commercial appeal at least on the short term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.