Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your position is all over the place...

You say you don't think he will play for Barcelona again.
You don't think City will risk signing him
You think Barcelona will get 700m Euros(from whom?)
And Barcelona will leave him in the stands for a year to make 100m... really?
And for some reason connected to Manchester City this won't end up in court, honestly arguably the world best player is going to sit in the stands when there is a question over his status and not take that to court....if for no other reason than to piss off the people that are making him sit in the stands!

I think we are all over the place but that come across that way because I’m answering so many different people with so many different perspectives on it.

I don’t know what will happen. I don’t believe Messi will play for Barcelona anymore. Now having said this, if our present does not agree to negotiate it will either end in court or he could get back to training or if he chooses to sit out the season pending the courts ruling.

We know city can’t pay anything over 100-120 for a potential transfer. Yet many argue that Messi is a free man. I think we all have to agree that if the family and legal team of Messi are meeting with Barcelona, it’s to convey that he won’t stay under any circumstances and that they need for the Barcelona to facilitate the negotiations based everything he has done for the club.

So who is playing bluff ? Who has the legal edge ?

we know Barcelona need to balance the sheets and one would assume they aren’t in a position to turn down cash for Messi. But the president has given all indications that he not going to budge. Can he do that? Sure he can because we know how the contract is written. It says he had until October to say he was leaving.

Messi on the other hand is not very credible in the sense that he says he’s free, his contract says otherwise and to top it all off he has his camp asking Barcelona to negotiate. So what is it Messi ? Are you free or are you not. Contract clearly says NOT.

So let’s say it goes to court ? Barcelona has a contact that indicates his freedom is 700 million, it’s safe to say the judge isn’t going to award them 700 million, but if they decide to take legal recourse, Messi and City are risking that the courts will rule anything from zero to 700 million. When you go to court the judge takes many things into account and a mayor factor in this is the amount of financial consequences it would generate for Barcelona with his loss.
I don’t see a judge saying less than 100 ( his salary ) and possibly double for the marketing and sponsorship losses.

Will City take the risk of requesting the temporary transfer from FIFA and await for the resolution ? What if the amount awarded takes them over the FIFA fair play restriction ?

Anything is possible, but it’s clear Barcelona’s president has the upper hand.

I'm 50/50 on it mate, it would be a lot better to have him when fans are present in the stadium, what if we're not allowed back in next season, would be a crying shame. He's a luxury player who I'm not sure we really need.
He is not some ordinary top luxury attack player like Auba for example. He is the best who had like direct 55 goal contributions last season..so i think it is worth very much.

Would you be prepared to wait 12 months for Messi, and take the player on a free?

The danger would be other clubs and age is a factor. Obviously it would depend on his form.

I think we now find out just how strongly Messi believes in his legal position. If they are 100% why would you stay another season? And even if he is unsure he can just sit tight and refuse to play and force bartomeu to back down.

It's either this time or never

I think we are all over the place but that come across that way because I’m answering so many different people with so many different perspectives on it.

I don’t know what will happen. I don’t believe Messi will play for Barcelona anymore. Now having said this, if our present does not agree to negotiate it will either end in court or he could get back to training or if he chooses to sit out the season pending the courts ruling.

We know city can’t pay anything over 100-120 for a potential transfer. Yet many argue that Messi is a free man. I think we all have to agree that if the family and legal team of Messi are meeting with Barcelona, it’s to convey that he won’t stay under any circumstances and that they need for the Barcelona to facilitate the negotiations based everything he has done for the club.

So who is playing bluff ? Who has the legal edge ?

we know Barcelona need to balance the sheets and one would assume they aren’t in a position to turn down cash for Messi. But the president has given all indications that he not going to budge. Can he do that? Sure he can because we know how the contract is written. It says he had until October to say he was leaving.

Messi on the other hand is not very credible in the sense that he says he’s free, his contract says otherwise and to top it all off he has his camp asking Barcelona to negotiate. So what is it Messi ? Are you free or are you not. Contract clearly says NOT.

So let’s say it goes to court ? Barcelona has a contact that indicates his freedom is 700 million, it’s safe to say the judge isn’t going to award them 700 million, but if they decide to take legal recourse, Messi and City are risking that the courts will rule anything from zero to 700 million. When you go to court the judge takes many things into account and a mayor factor in this is the amount of financial consequences it would generate for Barcelona with his loss.
I don’t see a judge saying less than 100 ( his salary ) and possibly double for the marketing and sponsorship losses.

Will City take the risk of requesting the temporary transfer from FIFA and await for the resolution ? What if the amount awarded takes them over the FIFA fair play restriction ?

Anything is possible, but it’s clear Barcelona’s president has the upper hand.
How do you know we can't pay over £120M for a player?

Have you seen our books?

Playing the devils advocate here, if this was the case then Barto surely would have already come for a comprise here and asked us about say 100m or something...so why is he still so adamant...
Who knows. It's like the famous Prisoner's Dilemma, based on John Nash's Game Theory branch of mathematics.

Two guys get nicked for a crime but the police won't be able to make it stick without a confession from one or both. So they say to each separately that if they confess, they'll get a lighter sentence than their partner. But if the other one confesses and they don't, they'll end up with a much longer sentence. The sensible action is for both to say nothing, meaning both walk, but self-interest will usually mean that one, other or both will confess.

Looking at it objectively it's seemingly a no-brainer to accept a decent deal, which is the equivalent of both saying nothing. But Bartomeu will also be calculating what his own position will be and do what's best for him (in his view). As @not my fault! said a couple of pages back, there's a potential and significant financial risk for him personally.

If he doesn't come this summer then he doesn't come.

If, for the umpteenth time over the last few years, Messi twirls his skirts in Citys direction before slamming the door in our face yet again, and we then go back AGAIN next summer then I'm afraid that would be the club accepting very publicly that we are a small, provincial club that really did win the lottery and has no business mixing it with the really big boys.

Would Ferguson take this off a player? Would he fuck. He would publicly put the twat in his place.

Time for City to decide what sort of club they want to be over the next 20 years. A minnow accepting scraps from the big lads table or a growing club that has confidence in itself and takes shit off nobody.

If Messi doesn't have the balls to do the right thing to make this transfer happen this summer then city need to publicly fuck him off.

No player is bigger than the club. Even one who has so far refused to test himself outside of a 2 team league.
Lol

You have seen this contract have you, no you haven't, and so you can't say that.

However it's far better that you are now finding debate rather than being silly, keep it up.

Just call the whole saga off and get some other players in who we need.
Lingard is up for sale i believe.
Sure La Liga certainly on the side of Barcelona because they realize how terrible it would be for Messi to leave.

As a Barcelona fan, I don’t think he will ever play for Barcelona again. But all of the news we follow in Spain that includes members of press who have direct line with his camp, is that Messi is very tense and very concerned because he assumed that he would have an overwhelming amount of support that would crush Bartomeu into a resignation and at that point he would have to negotiate with execs that would take over temporarily. Those folks would likely make a sensible business agreement and it would be very simple.

None of this has happened and now his camp have realized that they don’t have enough leverage with the clause in his contract and they are starting to get anxious. This his fathers overnight trip in private jet.

If indeed he was free or the felt they had a compelling case, they would not even have to sit down and attempt to negotiate.

Barcelona will not budge without a considerable amount of money and or players of significance. I’m not certain who’s it will end but it will not end in court because Man City have already made it clear that they can’t take the risk of signing him.

I see Barcelona taking a couple of good players and cash, or it doesn’t get done.

Barcelona already had a financial plannin place to make the numbers work prior to the Messi news. 100 million for Messi isn’t going to convince them because they will likely make that money with him in the stands on merchandising and sponsorships.

We shall see
Sitting down to negotiate is not an admittance from Messi he still feels contract bound. Contract disputes inevitably go to courts which can often be harmful due to their very nature. To ignore this issue of process seems a bit intellectualy insincere. It should be obvious to you this is the nature of sport law and other fields.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.