Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It really all boils down to that release clause amount.

If they can get FIFA to sign off on it not existing then they will be OK.

That's what happened with our underage signings CAS arbitration - we asked the FA and FIFA to agree with our opinion on the laws. They agreed and then couldn't touch us when it later went to CAS.

@tolmie's hairdoo said Messi's people had opened legal proceedings with FIFA. If what they are trying is to get a legal opinion from FIFA agreeing with their interpretation of the release clause then its a no brained, we sign him and settle for <75m later.
In a case like this there really should be an independent opinion, and if it forthcoming and favourable that really would be key!

Well you maybe right but this states otherwise: Sport.es
FIFA release transfer certificate and can issue guidance but ultimately authority lies with the Spanish courts, and presumably CAS could hear an appeal.
I think that claim was discredited by various reports on Sunday night as only applying in internal transfers in Spain but no doubt Bartomeu would still probably try it

If he blocks the transfer technically messi will leave under the next president. It will still be his fault but technically he wont be the president that lost messi.
If he doesn't come this summer then he doesn't come.

If, for the umpteenth time over the last few years, Messi twirls his skirts in Citys direction before slamming the door in our face yet again, and we then go back AGAIN next summer then I'm afraid that would be the club accepting very publicly that we are a small, provincial club that really did win the lottery and has no business mixing it with the really big boys.

Would Ferguson take this off a player? Would he fuck. He would publicly put the twat in his place.

Time for City to decide what sort of club they want to be over the next 20 years. A minnow accepting scraps from the big lads table or a growing club that has confidence in itself and takes shit off nobody.

If Messi doesn't have the balls to do the right thing to make this transfer happen this summer then city need to publicly fuck him off.

No player is bigger than the club. Even one who has so far refused to test himself outside of a 2 team league.

Its now or never for me. This is our only chance of signing him when he is in good condition.
Probably a bit of water to go under the bridge to determine this. I like Domalino's point about the potential role of FIFA in this. They could unlock the transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.