It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
So they blindly work and just go with where the money is moving? As I say that would influence it a bit, I’m not having that’s the case here. It all looks very negative hence our odds improving....

that’s exactly how it works lol.... if you ever look at 2 teams winning for example in 2 scenarios. Like NBA. There are only 2 outcomes if the odds are “even” they don’t offer both teams at $2 they offer both teams around $1.80. Essentially guaranteeing them 20 cents on either side. They shift these odds depending where the money gets placed so ensure they’re always in profit

Yeah this. I don't doubt they've tried. Might just decide its not worth a legal battle.

If I was Messi & decided I couldn't find any way out, I'd just retire rather than go through the motions.

According to El Presidente, he could leave if he doesn't play for a season. I'd do that, then play in Argentina.

Imo if Messi was to stay it would be because he is ok doing so, otherwise he's either off, or likes money more than football.

So they blindly work and just go with where the money is moving? As I say that would influence it a bit, I’m not having that’s the case here. It all looks very negative hence our odds improving....
That's exactly how odds work, they follow the money the likelihood of something happening has no relevance to the odds except peoples betting changes with the headlines.

Yeah this. I don't doubt they've tried. Might just decide its not worth a legal battle.

That’s ultimately what will decide, whether he stays or leaves. Will he decide he wants out no matter what or just decide, not worth the battle now and take a massive signing on fee next summer. Still think it depends on whether this move is for footballing rather than financial reasons.

People just need to chill.

Messi and his dad are pushing this as far as they possibly can and the City exec are right with them. They are not trying to leg us over in any way.

Even if they are trying to leg us over people still need to chill. It's just a football transfer.

That's right mate, they never lose. It's just maths on their side, that's how their business works. Odds are a reflection of punter sentiment. Ask yourself why several British bookies would have an inside line on a Spanish transfer.

Messi should just drop a statement and clear the air. I also wonder about timing because surely our lot want him asap to join the rest of the team

If I was Messi & decided I couldn't find any way out, I'd just retire rather than go through the motions.

According to El Presidente, he could leave if he doesn't play for a season. I'd do that, then play in Argentina.

Imo if Messi was to stay it would be because he is ok doing so, otherwise he's either off, or likes money more than football.

Messi however isn't you! ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.