It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
So they blindly work and just go with where the money is moving? As I say that would influence it a bit, I’m not having that’s the case here. It all looks very negative hence our odds improving....

I imagine the very big bookies have researchers, contacts in some areas and expensive software that assesses betting patterns etc. However, they are unlikely to have any sort of inside track on this matter. They're just reading the runes but in a more sophisticated way. Whether they are a good predictor of the actual outcome is another matter.

Absolutely right. They are small markets as bookies don’t like taking big bets where some punters have insider knowledge.
I'll go in my local William Hill after work and say...."I wanna lob £10k on Messi coming to City for the start of the coming season.....what odds will you give me"?
I'll let you know what they say.......not a piss take btw.....will genuinely do it.

People just need to chill.

Messi and his dad are pushing this as far as they possibly can and the City exec are right with them. They are not trying to leg us over in any way.
Not sure what they are pushing to be honest. He obviously doesn't have an exit clause as we all supposed. Maybe it did say June 10th. Barto says see you in court. Messi doesn't want that which mesns he is still under contract
The rumour that the release clause is now invalid would help us but Barto doesn't have to sell if he doesn't want to albeit keeping a very unhappy player at great expense is not sensible.
The other alternative is Barca offer some sort of package that ties him to the club ad infinitum. But this doesn't help his desire to play out his career in a competitive team.

Looking at it logically Jorge might be saying 'have it your way, but Leo's leaving in at the end of 21 for free'. Ball in Barto's court.

That's exactly how odds work, they follow the money the likelihood of something happening has no relevance to the odds except peoples betting changes with the headlines.
Whilst the odds follow the money the relevance of something happening is related to the odds using the wisdom of the crowd, admittedly this probably doesn't work for transfers etc but for football matches etc the exchange odds are related to the chance of the outcome happening.

Anyway, back to Messi...

I'll go in my local William Hill after work and say...."I wanna lob £10k on Messi coming to City for the start of the coming season.....what odds will you give me"?
I'll let you know what they say.......not a piss take btw.....will genuinely do it.

They will ring head office and if they take the bet, they will immediately change the odds to protect themselves, its how it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.