Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
no chance, he’ll sign new contract before xmas..
Not Christmas - he'll wait until the elections in March meaning we'll have to deal with constant rumours and speculation from January onwards. Then the new president will bring Xavi in as manager and pitch him a promising new project with young players and he'll sign a new deal (unless they are completely and utterly shit and have another CL capitulation)

Just offer them €50m plus Garcia and Angelino so Messi is valued at €100m if they say no its over for a year.

Just offer them €50m plus Garcia and Angelino so Messi is valued at €100m if they say no its over for a year.
Why? IF, he can leave for free, he won't take his case to court , which is understandable with his love of Barca, but in no way shape or form should we pay a fee.

Still not convinced this has completely played out. Bartomeu could be personally liable for tens of millions of losses if he loses the election. By keeping an unhappy Messi, he'll have to pay him for another season, plus pay a supposed €65m loyalty bonus plus allow him to leave on a free in the summer. So let's say that's €165m at least.

By selling him now, he could potentially get €100-125m in fees then save that €165m. So Barca could be nearly €300m better off selling him now. A company director has a legal duty to act in the best interests of the company, which he isn't doing.

Be interesting to see who blinks first.
Just out of interest PB as this is more your area (and I have read the above and it seems to make financial sense on the face of it short term), but we kept reading how we (City) had done the math(s) for this deal and it was definitely viable and profitable for us as a player, his commercial value, future revenue etc etc for CFG, if it was going to work for us as a long term strategy, why could it not work for Barca in a similar way, surely a Barca WITH Messi is a much more attractive proposition for any of their future business investment long term than one without, whether that be financial investment, player recruitment ? Is it simply that their current debt is way too much and they really do need to sell now/soon, 'a breast in the hand is worth two in the bra' so to speak ?
Cheers

Just out of interest PB as this is more your area (and I have read the above and it seems to make financial sense on the face of it short term), but we kept reading how we (City) had done the math(s) for this deal and it was definitely viable and profitable for us as a player, his commercial value, future revenue etc etc for CFG, if it was going to work for us as a long term strategy, why could it not work for Barca in a similar way, surely a Barca WITH Messi is a much more attractive proposition for any of their future business investment long term than one without, whether that be financial investment, player recruitment ? Is it simply that their current debt is way too much and they really do need to sell now/soon, 'a breast in the hand is worth two in the bra' so to speak ?
Cheers
Because the CFG can offer the chance to extend his career with NYCFC in the MLS, that is where the big money would be made.
Due to his age, his time with us would only be 2 seasons, maybe 3 max.

Because the CFG can offer the chance to extend his career with NYCFC in the MLS, that is where the big money would be made.
Due to his age, his time with us would only be 2 seasons, maybe 3 max.
Cheers bud, and I do get that, and realise Messi with us, and a Messi with Barca wouldn't be an exact parallel thing on the playing side, was thinking more beyond that, hence my comment that a Barca WITH Messi is a much more attractive thing than one without long term.

I was just thinking that part of our long term strategy was to have the 'Messi name' attached to the CFG beyond his playing days, I guess there's nothing to stop him doing both other than the continuity it would provide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.