It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
So in the space of one day we've gone from Messi coming to City, to Messi staying and Pep, Txiki and Soriano going to Barca!

Personally don't see Soriano and Txiki returning to the Circus even with a familiar president. At CFG Soriano has the freedom to implement his vision, that's not happening at Barcelona with all the politics and red tape.

The longer this goes on, the weaker any footballing rationale and further it degenerates into a grubby financial circus. The last couple of weeks have given an insight into the pantomime surrounding Messi and the divisions that will arise in our own camp if we continue to sniff his farts - no matter how aromatic.

Face it, he’s nothing more than €/£ signs in anybody’s eyes, so he might as well be guided by his family.

Pep might end up back there, it wouldn't surprise me if he went back there in a director of football type role, but I can't see Txiki or Feran going back, I think they are too big into City and CFG.

CFG has given T&F the vehicle they wanted to create at barcalona, they are the brains behind the model and are going nowhere, they are tied to this both financially but more importantly emotionally - they want this to rule world football and are in it for the long term.

While City's hierarchy may have liked the idea of Messi especially from a global branding point I think it's time to let this go.

If Messi had come it would have been a circus. Messi's first derby would be the headline, will he play better at Anfield than his last game there? And if he was out of form, would Pep drop him?

It's time to get/create our own Messi.

The longer this goes on, the weaker any footballing rationale and further it degenerates into a grubby financial circus. The last couple of weeks have given an insight into the pantomime surrounding Messi and the divisions that will arise in our own camp if we continue to sniff his farts - no matter how aromatic.

Face it, he’s nothing more than €/£ signs in anybody’s eyes, so he might as well be guided by his family.
“No matter how aromatic” finished me

Bart will deal with anyone but us over Messi. If Messi was to go to City then not only has the worlds best player moved so has european footballs power base, Bart would deal with China, MLS anyone that doesnt have City attached to it .

I don't get it, surely come January he has the right to choose a club he wants to play for when his contracts expires at the end of the season

I hope this doesnt come off for the sake of Messi kids, i mean the eldest Thiago is crying cos he doesnt want to move to Manchester, If he was told its definitely happening it could trigger bed wetting episodes and we dont want that! I suppose when he is older and doesnt have to work that hard in life because of daddys riches, it will just be a distant amusing episode in growing up!

All the commercial reasons City wanted Messi (to elevate them and bring in new fans etc), surely a lot of these reasons would stop Barca wanting to sell Messi. IF they have Messi clauses in their sponsorships and the loss in shirt sales etc could equally break them. I reckon they need Messi more than anyone realises and would possibly have broken Bartomeo to let him go.

The statement from Jorge yesterday elated me & I was convinced he was coming! I really hope @tolmie's hairdoo is right and that he may still come this window. But I think that may bankrupt his beloved Barcelona.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.