It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose the biggest concern is that Messi's lawyers have dropped a major bollock and ill-advised him on the validity of his termination clause being activated.

However as long as Messi and his legal team are confident that his case is valid I assume that'll be enough to push this through. Barcelona won't want to play chicken with him. A 90-120m fee + maybe a player or two seems like a compromise that spares everyone.

I suppose it depends on if you're arsed about fucking over your greatest heroes or whether you're more arsed about the club you support getting the best deal they can.

I get your point, I'm not arguing with you, it's difficult.

Since when have most footballers really cared? Only a select few.

I imagine he was pissed off most of the season and wanted to leave before the drubbing by the german rags, so he says to his Dad 'Ive had enough - I want out, I'm going to speak to Pep'.
His Dad would say ' lets see if we can still use the clause - I'll check with the Agent'.
Then, the Agent checks with his very expensive legal team ( presumably the team that replaced the firm that gave him tax advice) and they say ' Yeah, watertight' or ' thats gonna be difficult'.

What I trying to say is, he either got legal on it or he was petulant ( understandably)

All the scribblers and fanny merchants seem to be deflecting the question as to whether he has the right to do it - which in the end must be the question. Well does he....punk?

Even if you looked at it entirely from the point of view of your club, I think you still conclude that it's better to take £100m now than retain a demotivated player for 6 more months.

If a City player had given his entire career for my club, I would at the very end feel dishonoured if I did not respect the player. It's easy to say that from our position I know.

Agreed mate, but like you said it's hard to experience that.

do you keep messi against his will after everything he’s done for that club? They’ve had his best years. C’mon they should be waving him off into the sunset with thank you messi banners surely?
Hopefully they let him leave, surly they can’t risk him going for free next season. Looks like city will have to pay something for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.