It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy makes Danny Mills appear almost lucid.

If you read the whole article I do think he has a point. I think it’s quite clear we need a new forward to come in and be clinical in front of goal. Messi would have been special and bridged the gap & more. Now that appears off if we don’t get another top forward I really don’t see us winning this league and I don’t think it’s a stretch to say we might have strong competition for 2nd place.

Would happily be proved wrong but you have to judge off last season and a strong defence alone would not have made the difference for us.

If you read the whole article I do think he has a point. I think it’s quite clear we need a new forward to come in and be clinical in front of goal. Messi would have been special and bridged the gap & more. Now that appears off if we don’t get another top forward I really don’t see us winning this league and I don’t think it’s a stretch to say we might have strong competition for 2nd place.

Would happily be proved wrong but you have to judge off last season and a strong defence alone would not have made the difference for us.

Tend to agree but Liverpool have not strengthened and we know through experience thats essential after winning the league.

We did score 102 goals though. I do think we need to be more clinical, definitely... but defence is the main priority.

I just don't think there are any top forwards/strikers on the market that are available right now. Haaland, Mbappe, Felix and Kane are not attainable this season and Lautaro Martinez isn't as good as what we currently have.

The only strikers who could come in and do us a good job as short term solutions are Luis Suarez and Edinson Cavani. Can't see us getting either though, especially Suarez.

Disagree. We have Torres in as a new forward option replacing Sane who barely featured for us so +1 option.

We have Foden instead of David & a much more potent goal threat & Bernardo will perform this season compared to last so again in my mind that’s a +1 option. Mahrez and Kev also score plenty & I don’t see any drop off likely there.

Gabby & Sergio will continue to perform & I expect Gabby to make some improvements too.

There are also Palmer, Doyle, Felix Nmecha and Braaf I expect to see around the 1st team from time to time & they all know where the goal is.

Up until a couple of weeks ago Messi wasn’t an option & we weren’t seriously linked with anybody else. Messi might even still happen. Who knows?

If we can sort our defence & come up with a proper set up/mix of personnel & tactics for the “big” games then we’ll score more than sufficient to come out ahead in the vast majority of games.

The worst thing is people watching that video and then stating he had fucked City about.

How the fuck do they function if that’s the take away from the interview?

You know what...I think the honest answer is they don’t actually read/watch what was said in the interview or at best they skim it.

They have their post ready to go. Just laziness like reading the headline and not realising the person that wrote the headline didn’t write the article. It’s a quick way to collect likes off similar lazy posters.
It’s more disappointing after the brilliant in depth analysis we mainly had on BM during FFP and CAS. To go from that to the brain dead Messi has fucked us over or he wants to stay for his family is a big come down.

On the other side of the coin if posters have actually taken the time to read what was said and have come to the same conclusions well at least it’s an opinion based on their interpretation. Difficult to believe but they have made the effort.

I think we are the furthest away from getting Messi since the story of him wanting to leave first broke. However, it’s clearly not dead and there is still a lot that can happen, in fact it’s impossible that it can be left here which is the tactic I think. Bartomeu needs to be put under increased pressure and that’s well under way.

Messi did everything he could and more. It’s up to City now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.