It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does Mendy get away with ‘due to injuries’ when stones doesn’t ? He was performing well prior to a couple of injuries. Then to compound the issues his personal life got shot to hell.

Without these factors he would be starting for city and for England.

Agreed the performance isn’t and hasn’t been up the standard for some time AND we don’t have the luxury of giving him time to settle back in, if he stays I do hope he improves but he may need a change to kickstart his career.

Nice guy too, we tend to forget how important that is too as fans.

Nice guy my ar**. Cheated on his wife several times and then chucked her and his kid out!

Because Stones had 20 massive high profile fuck ups before the injuries, Mendy just got injured immediately.

Is Stones a nice guy? He cheated on his missus half a dozen times, then moved her and his kid out of their house so he could move the new girl in.

People think Stones is a nice guy because he comes across as one of the lads. Cool looking, bit cheeky in interviews, wears cagoules, northern like us, has a name you can add a 'y' sound onto which makes him relatable. Good ol' Stonesy. Loads of football fans wants to be someone like him deep down, but they'll never admit it ha. I don't dislike the fella, just there's no real reason to respect him as a person given his cheating etc. In the same way most footballers are like that - there's nothing to respect really. They're all in their all consequence-free world, shagging about, living like playboys, not giving a shit. I don't blame them, as I think most of us would fall into that lifestyle if thats all we knew too, but I think people have too high a view of footballers when in reality they're just little boys playing games, messing about, being managed through life by PR companies, club officials and agents.

Private jet of ours, cessna citation Reg M-CITY, just on final approach at Innsbruck International Airport, Austria.

Anybody we know in Austria?

Probably CFG buying another club? We’ve got more clubs than Jack Nicklaus these days. In fact we seem to find it easier to purchase clubs than players - perhaps we should just buy Napoli - and hold a Citizens competition for the chance to fire ADL !

People think Stones is a nice guy because he comes across as one of the lads. Cool looking, bit cheeky in interviews, wears cagoules, northern like us, has a name you can add a 'y' sound onto which makes him relatable. Good ol' Stonesy. Loads of our fans wants to be him deep down, but they'll never admit it ha. I don't dislike the fella, just there's no real reason to respect him as a person given his cheating etc. In the same way most footballers are like that - there's nothing to respect really. They're all in their all consequence-free world, shagging about, living like playboys, not giving a shit. I don't blame them, but I think people have too high a view of footballers when in reality they're just little boys playing games, messing about, being managed through life by PR companies, club officials and agents.

I do think it's interesting that the poster thinks Stonesy with all his well documented misdemeanors is a nice guy but not Mendy, whose only real problems seem to have been supporting the team on social media too much, oversleeping once or twice and missing a physio session, and taking the fall for one of his mates speeding in his car when his leg was in a cast.

People think Stones is a nice guy because he comes across as one of the lads. Cool looking, bit cheeky in interviews, wears cagoules, northern like us, has a name you can add a 'y' sound onto which makes him relatable. Good ol' Stonesy. Loads of football fans wants to be someone like him deep down, but they'll never admit it ha. I don't dislike the fella, just there's no real reason to respect him as a person given his cheating etc. In the same way most footballers are like that - there's nothing to respect really. They're all in their all consequence-free world, shagging about, living like playboys, not giving a shit. I don't blame them, as I think most of us would fall into that lifestyle if thats all we knew too, but I think people have too high a view of footballers when in reality they're just little boys playing games, messing about, being managed through life by PR companies, club officials and agents.
You have changes you tune! What happened?

I do think it's interesting that the poster thinks Stonesy with all his well documented misdemeanors is a nice guy but not Mendy, whose only real problems seem to have been supporting the team on social media too much, oversleeping once or twice and missing a physio session, and taking the fall for one of his mates speeding in his car when his leg was in a cast.
You don't know the full story on Mendy

It’s always struck me on the few occasions I’ve met players, just how childish and immature many of them are... but I guess they never have to grow up - they live in a protected environment from an early age where the bubble they live in feels like reality. No wonder so many struggle after they finish playing - it must be a heady dose of reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.