It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s always struck me on the few occasions I’ve met players, just how childish and immature many of them are... but I guess they never have to grow up - they live in a protected environment from an early age where the bubble they live in feels like reality. No wonder so many struggle after they finish playing - it must be a heady dose of reality.

They simultaneously don't need to grow up, and also grow up way too fast.

They all miss out on being 16/17/18 and pissing about with your mates, getting in scrapes, making mistakes, having fun without pressure.

It's not that different to the Disney child actors etc. You throw fame and fortune and all the associated baggage at someone when they're 16/17 and most of the time they end up suffering from it down the line.

Stones was with his girlfriend for 10+ years from the time he was 13 or 14. It's no surprise that he didn't want to spend the rest of his life with her, but because he'd settled down, bought the mansion, had the kid, employed half her family, and lived with the press spotlight, he couldn't just break up like a normal 23 year old and I imagine that's played it's part in what he did.

It's even worse for the South American players who can be financially supporting their entire extended family from 13 or 14 years old and they are the one difference between everyone living in terrible poverty, or being set for life.

You argued his case with me a few weeks ago :)

Remember the haircut?

Yes, I still stand by that point. I don't see a haircut as relevant to anything :)

EDIT: this is what I said.

"I don't for one second doubt that Stones has focus issues. I just don't think lockdown hair, which tonnes of footballers had too when they came back, says absolutely anything about him at all as a person or is linked to that. It just means one thing - he didn't get a haircut. Like 99.99% of the country."

Even said I think he has focus issues. I still maintain then haircut is irrelevant.

Yes, I still stand by that point. I don't see a haircut as relevant to anything :)

EDIT: this is what I said.

"I don't for one second doubt that Stones has focus issues. I just don't think lockdown hair, which tonnes of footballers had too when they came back, says absolutely anything about him at all as a person or is linked to that. It just means one thing - he didn't get a haircut. Like 99.99% of the country."

Even said I think he has focus issues. I still maintain then haircut is irrelevant.

says a lot about a man, who had worked hard all lockdown, time to think and come back ready and hungry.

He came back looking like had lived rough in Piccadilly Gardens and he was injured!

Not a great way to return and his manager seemed to feel the same.

says a lot about a man, who had worked hard all lockdown, time to think and come back ready and hungry.

He came back looking like had lived rough in Piccadilly Gardens and he was injured!

A haircut says absolutely nothing about a man. All it says is how they prefer their hair

No idea why you’ve put so much weight into a bloody haircut. There’s really nothing to read into it. Besides, Bernardo said in a lockdown interview that him and stones had some kind of agreement/bet on that meant not getting a haircut until something happened (can’t remember what) additionally, it was actually against the rules to have a haircut at that moment in time, should be slating everybody that broke the rules and got one rather than the few that didn’t.

bit harsh to judge him for not breaking lockdown to get a haircut??

Raiola wants money. He doesn’t always move his players unless it is financially viable for them. Pogba hasn’t moved, albeit had his up and downs. Håland is worth it.

I think slowly and gradually I am coming around this fact. This is business and when there is generational talent in question, we should do what needs to be done. Rich agents, exorbitant fees crazy boards we have to deal with all of them.
We have done our bit of being frugal after the initial splurge of money just after the takeover. But we do buy a lot of 40 million players and the success rate is iffy in that regard. Also given the situation with Napoli or Barcelona with Messi, there is always some issue with each transfer. We are trying to entertain ADL then Rioala ain't that bad. Atleast he keeps his clients extremely rich and happy and that's his job description.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.