Next Captain

And that is why kdb is a vice captain. When ferny is out he is a captain . Seniority + leadership = correct decision.

Love dino but I don't think this decision is a futuristic move and that's my only concern with it. After the season we had, it would have been a positive move to give the captaincy to KDB and start with a fresh approach rather than following the norm of seniority imo.

It’s not fucking cricket. Who’s captain makes fuck all difference. You either have leaders in the team or you don’t. Who wears the armband is immaterial.

I completey agree

I remeber a few years ago we played Everton at home in the 2nd leg of the LC and with a few minutes to go Zab had to run from the right back position to the other side of the pitch(and back again) on the strenght of putting the armband on - it was fucking ridiculous. Stick it on the player who is nearest, it is irrelavant

These are elite sportsman. It may make a difference with a Terry or Kompany type but wth our current squad it makes no odds at all

Not really surprised given we were clearly always going down the seniority route with the captaincy. This will likely be Fernandinho's last season at the club so presumably it'll go to Aguero next and then De Bruyne.

I would've preferred it if we just gave it straight to KDB now but I can see him wearing the armband for the majority of the season anyway as I doubt Ferna will be used that much.

Right decision has been made. Dinho is a natural leader and immensely respected in that dressing room.

Not sure why KDB got so many votes. His time will come.

Am I the only one who's absolutely bewildered as to why Laporte's name always gets mentioned in these discussions? Is it just because he's a CB? When has he ever shown leadership skills? He's known for being a bit aloof in the dressing room and we're literally currently looking for a leader to partner him with because apparently he can't organise the backline himself lmao

Right decision has been made. Dinho is a natural leader and immensely respected in that dressing room.

Not sure why KDB got so many votes. His time will come.
I don't think he is a natural leader, although I totally agree he is well respected. He is a consummate professional.

This is the same as the mistake of making Dave Captain. Both he and Dihno are fantastic individuals and legends. But they are not Captains. Kevin clearly is.

Sometimes, one needs to just skip seniority and simply let the person who best fits the job do it.

Anyway, I don't think it matters. Kev will be the de facto captain most of the time anyway. As I don't expect Dihno to play significant minutes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.