Wolves (A) Post-Match Thread

Good win, great first half, Ake looked comfortable. Walker, KDB, absolutely fantastic, with decent performances from others. Torres 10 mins too late. The yellow (it was never a yellow) for Mendy put him on the back foot against their best player.
3 pts against a good Wolves team is a great start.

The first half was like a performance from the 100 point season. Complete dominance. Superb football and Kev should have sealed the game really at 2-0 up.

We still have clear problems defensively as we were all over the shop for 25 mins in that 2nd half. I’m not sure how we solve it. There will be some games that are tight and we can’t be that generous in those.

Hopefully some of it was just lack of games. Mendy concerns me at left back. Positionally I think he is lacking and he seems to be lacking pace now.

KDB was superb again.
Think rock solid defences are a thing of the past - record number of goals in PL this week. We only conceded 2 more than dippers last season. With everything in the game designed to promote attacking football think it’s more important to kill the opposition off when your on top.

With the midfield 2, it seems having a play making DM (Rodri/Gundogan) paired with a more defensive DM (Dinho/Douglas) is the way to go, hopefully we can get Douglas back in next season, not sure what other defensive DMs we have.

The shakiness of our defence is directly proportional to the quality of the press.

We were supreme in the first half. The positioning of Rodri and Fernandinho stopped their chipped balls into their wide forwards, where they build up from.

That slowed their passing and our press was superb.

We physically dropped for the first 15 mins of the second half and we gave up a chance.

Then KDB got megged and they score from a decent cross.

We then dominated the game through game management.

Ake looked really good.
Best I’ve seen Stones play in about 18 months.
The number 25 seems really good in midfield.
Jesus got battered and got nothing, but deserved his goal at the end.
Mendy I thought played pretty well. Very good positionally and some signs of progression in his passing. Sure, Traore got past him a few times, but didn’t do anything with it as he is Traore.

All in all, a really impressive first game and not one I was expecting, but really happy we have our mojo and more importantly, our press back.
A fair report but not having it with stones

i SO want him to succeed, there is a world class defender in there. But he lost his man on 4 occassions in 5 mins and a better team would punish us

A better team and we lose after that second half.
But we were playing wolves and won the game so it doesn’t matter.
I know you’re not the most cheerful soul when it comes to City but that’s a great win and performance regardless of the odd issue we might have had in the second half.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.