Wolves (A) Post-Match Thread

I beg to differ.
Mendy did not do well against Traore yesterday.
He looked terrified whenever Traore had the ball and lost any number of 50/50s against him.
Traore blows hot and cold but he just loves playing City as he knows our regular LBs have failed spectacularly to deal with him last season
Cancelo looked pretty comfortable at LB at the end of last season and if fit I would definitely like to see him there again

personally I would rather see neither of them but for now it looks like these are the only options.

Good win, not an easy place to go and get 3 points. Sloppy second half although I did expect wolves to play better after the break. As for Mendys performance, OK he did look slow, to be fair who wouldn't against that winger. However I believe his injuries have played its part in his performances. You don't see him often now steaming down the line and whipping in dangerous crosses as he did do, that was one of his great strengths.

Good points but we could easily have been 4-2 down as Wolves turned into us in front of goal, missing some great chances. For once the luck was with us. The goal we did concede was bloody annoying, Mendy and Stones should both have done better. Still, delighted with the win at a tough place and one of our bogey teams.
Yep, we got away with some finishing that was more reminiscent of some of ours from past games, but about time we had a scratch of luck! I would have thought, but I suppose it's not in Pep's makeup, that after last season whenever Traore had the ball inside our half we would put two players on him - he seemed to beat Mendy every time, unless Mendy knew that Blind Andre was card happy and he'd be off for tipping him up again.

Yep, we got away with some finishing that was more reminiscent of some of ours from past games, but about time we had a scratch of luck! I would have thought, but I suppose it's not in Pep's makeup, that after last season whenever Traore had the ball inside our half we would put two players on him - he seemed to beat Mendy every time, unless Mendy knew that Blind Andre was card happy and he'd be off for tipping him up again.

Yes that surprised me too. He should have put Foden or Sterling on him to help Mendy out.

Mendy was up against Traore. He is their danger man.

As you say many teams will drop points against a good Wolves side. We'd have won by more had fatigue not been a big factor in the 2nd half.
Gotta say that without Sterlings excellent defensive work Mendy would've been well stretched at LB. Luckily Traore spent most of the game at full back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.