Pep Guardiola - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not in the Pep out camp yet, but we have seen some terrible performances recently. Arsenal in the FA semi, Lyon in CL & today were all very poor. After Leicester went in front today the players & Pep never looked like they had the belief that they could get back in the game. To lose as many games as we did in the PL last season is almost unforgivable too. I think in any other top club his job would have been at serious risk after last season. There's too many people who seem too comfortable at the moment, both players & Pep in my opinion.

Things are difficult with injuries to key player & some out through positive Covid tests. He can only play what he has available, but he just doen't seem right to me at present. It's hard to know how much the death of his mother affected him, he may still be suffering after effects of that. Lyon was a real low point in his tenure for me, and after today things don't seem much better. We need to see how we are performing after the end of the window, when we hopefully have a full strength team. If we are out of the running before Christmas, then he needs to go IMO.

I also don’t understand why our current system relies on our fullbacks having the ball so often in advanced positions when they’re the worst footballers in our team. It’s either intentional or opposition coaches find it laughably easy to force us to play that way.

Let’s get back to playing our wingers high and wide and our fullbacks dropping into midfield and protecting passes down the channels.

Be careful what you wish for.
I’m not wishing for him to go, I just feel his time at City is coming to its natural end. Not my wish but I think it’s happening.

And yes, we are in for many seasons of being off the pace after he leaves. But I also feel we’d be off the pace WITH him too. Just feels like we're going through the motions now.

He plays Garcia because he was one of two match-fit centre backs. As mediocre Garcia has been none of our problems in the last 12 months stems from him. In fact, put John Stones in there today and the game is over before half-time.

The real problem is Pep seems burnt-out and void of ideas. Happened at Barca, would of happened at Bayern but he acted quickly. Add to that our player personnel is turning more and more average every week and we have a critical rot in need to be stopped

You really think Stones would have done worse today?

Not his fault. If 2 players out of 11 are shite, then a stroke of genius can cover up the faults. But expecting genius tactics alone to cover up the limitations of 6 different players is madness. If that was even possible, teams would buy sunday league players, pay the coach 200 million and just the win the match on tactics alone. The players have to perform. It's not the tactics forcing Mendy to concede an awful pen. The game is played on the pitch, not on a whiteboard. Players get praised after great performances, they should take 95% of the blame after a loss too.

I’m not wishing for him to go, I just feel his time at City is coming to its natural end. Not my wish but I think it’s happening.

And yes, we are in for many seasons of being off the pace after he leaves. But I also feel we’d be off the pace WITH him too. Just feels like we're going through the motions now.
He needs to commit. It's his choice as the club love him. Uncertainty would be diminished. Nobody is perfect but it's up to him. No idea what he really feels but I am concerned his wife going back to Barcelona has tipped the scales. I think he loves City but family is family no matter what you do and earn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.