Leicester City (H) Post Match Thread

Yes, we were poor by our standards. Yes, we outplayed Leicester by a distance nevertheless. Yes 12 stone Leicester players did unnatural vertical take-offs like fairies when a City arm exerted no force whatsoever. Yes, our players carry on running when fouled in the box. But that's not my point. With David leaving, we have lost the greatest Prem player of the last ten years - better and far more consistent than Hazard. And with Sergio injured, we are temporarily without the greatest goalscorer in Prem history - the guy with a better strike rate than Henry. Sergio gets into the heads of the opposition, scares the life out of them, makes them wary of attacking us. So when he comes back, no more moaning from some that 'He's not quite what he was'. He's everything and more than what he was. Always annoyed me on here when a small number of 'know very littles' tried to make out that David was fading. He wasn't fading. Never relied on pace, tenacious in the tackle, monumental assist rate, imperious passer of the ball, scoring goals. David and Sergio have character - gentle characters off the pitch - hard as nails on it. They are bona fide geniuses. Any team in the world would miss those two geniuses.
He was fading that's why he left.

Only just lifted my head since Sunday. A lot of sore and angry folks on here. I feel your pain but feel this has been coming. What really gets me is I have lost interest in football over last couple of seasons. VAR and corruption have soiled it beyond redemption.
But after Sunday I feel i would look like I was backing away because we are looking shit. Sounds like RAG behaviour. So in a perverse way i am now fully back on board so I can say I was there when we were shit (yet again).
Soiled ? Spoiled ? Both words are correct.

Hypothetically speaking, would you sacrifice any of Ederson's distribution skills if he was better in 1 on 1s and those crucial game turning saves that Harty used to produce when we needed it most ?
Joe had a considerably better clean sheet record playing in a mediocre England team for 70-odd games than Neuer after a similar number playing in one of the greatest international teams of all time. Got slaughtered for a small number of goals conceded that he would normally save. Meanwhile, Pickford has made a massively higher number of mistakes for England than Joe in many fewer games. For us, Joe won four Golden Gloves - a record. Eddie won the Golden Gloves last year playing behind our struggling defence. Get off his back. No chance with the five on Sunday.

Last edited:
Thing is though teams sit so deep on us that having a ball playing goalkeeper like Ederson is now almost redundant. How often do we suck teams in any more and play through them with him involved. If teams don't press us high then his value is diminshed. Pinging balls to Sane or Sterling on the fly seems a thing of the past too.
Sane had all the attacking attributes Pep wants, but none of the defensive qualities. You play for Pep, you're expected to track back - like Raheem and Kevin do.

Yeah, I can’t recall another win from a losing position tbh. I’m looking at the Leicester game with another angle now. If Ferna hadn’t missed that sitter and Rodri not gone too early, it would have been a different game completely. The 3 penalties apart, we weren’t as bad as I first thought. However, it was not up to our normal standards.
Spot on.

Joe had a considerably better clean sheet record playing in a mediocre England team for 70-odd games than Neuer after a similar number playing in one of the greatest international teams of all time. Got slaughtered for a small number of goals conceded that he would normally save. Meanwhile, Pickford has made a massively higher number of mistakes for England than Joe in many fewer games. For us, Joe won four Golden Gloves - a record. Eddie jointly won the Golden Gloves last year playing behind our struggling defence. Get off his back. No chance with the five on Sunday.
Gets nowhere near penalties though, and shouldn't have been beaten by that Vardy flick still a great keeper though

Some on here making out that all teams no longer push onto our CBs - a situation our defence is designed to take advantage of. Depends on the team we're playing and whether we get an early goal. We have always needed an early goal against the lesser teams to draw them out, and even after we go 1 - 0 up, some teams have always chosen to sit back. Anyway, Dias has signed for us. A monumental talent.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.