John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't see Stones moving, not having let Otamendi go, and quite possibly Garcia today.

I agree, definitely want him kept, we'd be a defender and body short if he left, and the deal gives nothing in return.

Unless pep for some inexplicable reason decides that if Garcia is here this season anyway, may as well bank on him for the year and sort out his/their replacements next summer.

I don't actually believe that btw, just seeing it it gives kneville the bokes.

Watched VKs City 11 on the City TV the other day. Interestingly he partnered himself with John Stones. I know he has had some injuries and allegedly other issues the last couple of seasons, but if VK is picking him over guys like Lescott and Laporte can’t help thinking it may be a mistake letting him go.

Pep seems to have given up on Stones, which given the number of chances he has given Mendy and García is odd. If he has no desire to try and reintegrate him, he might as well go. For me there is still a good footballing centre back there if he can sort his life and head out.

Watched VKs City 11 on the City TV the other day. Interestingly he partnered himself with John Stones. I know he has had some injuries and allegedly other issues the last couple of seasons, but if VK is picking him over guys like Lescott and Laporte can’t help thinking it may be a mistake letting him go.
I think that's the captain and mentor in Kompany more than anything else.

More looking for Stones to follow the lead and build on the perceived 'potential'.

Still, he could ask for him on loan if he thought was that great...

Would be nice to see him put in a stretch of decent performances. Sad he could never stay healthy because early you could see hints of so much promise. I always wondered if screwing up his domestic situation didn't do his head in a bit. But its been a while since that and he seems fully committed.

Last edited:
If losing stones means we can get a left back in, I'd be happy to let him go. Tosin could cover what stones gives us. To be fair I believe tosin deserves a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.