John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s been unfortunate with injuries and looked the business at Lyon. I wouldn’t write him off after one season
Personally we dodged a bullet there with him, he's looked terrible - apart from scoring against the rags yesterday! ;-)

You have to question why Stones stuck around this summer.

Laporte and Ake out injured and Garcia, a player who doesn’t even want to be here, still starts ahead of him.
Probably thought he was going to get more of a chance but it looks like he's 5th choice, possibly 6th when Fernandinho comes back. He really should've moved on for the sake of his own career.

You have to question why Stones stuck around this summer.

Laporte and Ake out injured and Garcia, a player who doesn’t even want to be here, still starts ahead of him.
I feel for him to be honest. I know he has had a lot of problems off field and Pep has seemingly lost patience.

Quotes from Pep on John replacing Fern: "No. I see his position as central defender," said Guardiola. "If we have some problems maybe he is another alternative but for now I want him confident as a centre-back."

Does not sound like he is needed.

Stones is still a good player and he contributed to the trophy haul. It looks like his time is up unless he can sort himself out and even then he still will be shown the door. The club has moved on with Ake and Dias.

He will be at a club like west ham in the future as another player who did not quite live up to expectations.

I feel for him to be honest. I know he has had a lot of problems off field and Pep has seemingly lost patience.

Quotes from Pep on John replacing Fern: "No. I see his position as central defender," said Guardiola. "If we have some problems maybe he is another alternative but for now I want him confident as a centre-back."

Does not sound like he is needed.

Stones is still a good player and he contributed to the trophy haul. It looks like his time is up unless he can sort himself out and even then he still will be shown the door. The club has moved on with Ake and Dias.

He will be at a club like west ham in the future as another player who did not quite live up to expectations.

We can't move him along because nobody can balance his wage demands with his meh input in this current dire financial crisis.
It's a long and demanding season so he'll get his chances and he'll get an automatic place in the first 11 if he steps up and earns it.
I'd love him to find form or take a wage cut and moved along, but he's quite justifed in staying for the wages if he wants to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.