United and Liverpool EFL project - proposal rejected

Make no mistake, this move is followed by a series of moves to put financial caps on spending, wages, while limiting the danger of relegation. They want the US monopoly system where you can take out millions a year without any risk of anything bad happening. What did people expect when they let US sports owners buy all the teams? None of these guys give two shits about football, only about how much money they can extract from the game

I haven't read the finer details of this proposal,would anyone care to summarise how this disadvantages and hurts our club?

Cheers

I'd reverse the question and ask why exactly we need two domestic cup competitions in contrast to the other top leagues? The FA Cup is better than the Carabao in basically every way, fewer and fewer teams take it seriously, and it would allow for an actual winter break and reduce fixture congestion. Literally the only reason for it is revenue.
Still have no idea about english football , every fan likes cup runs , football over dec 25th time, this will allow for lucrutive friendly not less games , this is all kind of wrong for the english game as is six c!ubs being able to vote down the other twelve

I haven't read the finer details of this proposal,would anyone care to summarise how this disadvantages and hurts our club?

Cheers
Well it means only 6 out of 9 clubs (we are 1, so 6/8) have to agree on a rule to force it through, so its a licence to force through any bent rules they want. Just remember how many of those 8 other clubs wrote a letter to the CAS to try and get us banned and then think what they'd do if they had the power to do whatever they want.

All the rest is just window dressing and bribes to try and get that one bit pushed through.

Also there is a reason they have been buying english lads, they will bring in a rule that says if you cant field a certain amount then you are fined or even points dropped

Bookmark this post

Still have no idea about english football , every fan likes cup runs , football over dec 25th time, this will allow for lucrutive friendly not less games , this is all kind of wrong for the english game as is six c!ubs being able to vote down the other twelve
I think that's a pretty rude way to categorize an opinion that happens to differs from yours, but ok. I also like cup runs, but I don't see the need for two of them, especially when only a handful of top clubs even try to win one of them.

Parry said:
“The fact that our two greatest clubs are showing leadership at a time when the game is crying out for it
is fantastic. For me that’s a great part of the story. We should be looking at our great clubs at times like this and they should be stepping up to the plate. They are. Clearly I have had an input because all of this will come as something as a surprise to our clubs [in the EFL]. I am hoping they will be receptive but it is subject to their approval.”

“For me this addresses the three biggest challenges the EFL faces. This started pre-Covid – it addressed the gulf between top and bottom and the long-term survival of our smaller clubs. You cannot do this without a major rethink. It is as big as the formation of the Premier League. It is a coming-together and clearly it’s a great story for all of our 72 [EFL] clubs.”

Wanker.
Nothing he does can be trusted. Henry was his pal when Parry was on UEFA
Total snake.

Last edited:
Redcaf on the whole hate the idea as well, they see it as a power grab by american clubs and are against it in general .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.