COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about trying to identify some short terms targets / wins. I started on Sunday with the idea to get fitter in a fortnight. Work has pretty much dried up so I can focus on regular exercise. Yesterday I got a bit drenched in a long walk lol and this afternoon I’m doing community gardening.

I’ve been walking round Supporters Club packs for the Branch I run as part of this effort. I know that won’t be helpful for everyone but there’s opportunities for volunteering etc in most areas to help keep busy. I’ve also been getting a few improvements to my house done whilst things are slow.

A vaccine might take another year and is not a guaranteed panacea but treatments are improving all the time. Look at Trumpy and Regeneron!

Cheers mate. Appreciate the advice, and I've managed fairly well in doing that sort of stuff ie keeping busy, fitness, stuff around the house etc over the course of the thing. Problem is always get drawn back to the feeling of this being never ending, and these sort of time scales for something like a normal life are just soul destroying. I realise it's not just me, and there are people far far worse off so I apologise if I sound selfish, just ranting.

your situation will be repeated the land over and people simply wont stand for 12 more months. I asked the qu on here about what would happen if by Spring a vaccine simply wasnt appearing, or not for a long time, and i think we need to start planning for that now.

Yeah I agree. I (wrongly) thought when restrictions were recently reinforced again, or up here anyway, about not going into people's houses etc that this would be for a few weeks to get things in order. The prospect of stuff like that all through the winter will tip people over the edge. I appreciate everything that's happening but there needs to be a balance and this isn't it.

I'm in absolutely no way a covid denier or anything of the sorts. I realise how serious it is and the importance of distancing, isolating when necessary etc. I've stuck to lockdown rules very well over the course and am still doing so now. But without an end in sight, or one as far as 12 months off, I'll crumble at some point. Selfish? Make your own mind up. Another year of this or somewhere close to it makes life almost pointless.
Those of us pointing out the obvious downsides of lockdowns have been called selfish for months so welcome to our world. Slowly but surely scientists, doctors and now even the WHO are coming out and confirming how damaging lockdowns are, so are we ok to have a proper discussion now about this without the insults? My guess is probably not.

Trying to piss on my parade smart arse?
It would be their own stupid fault and those who seem to support them.
I dont think pneumonia is infectious so the innocent would not be affected. A heavy cold for several days would hopefully make them worry a bit even though they would probably be too stupid to self isolate.

of course they'd be affected, people hospitalised, Covid spreading even quicker, people requiring care at home.

Scotland data catastrophic today sadly:

15 deaths (half under 80, several under 60 - Nicola Stuegeon warned all those young people thinking they are immune to understand this)

1429 cases at 16.4% positive

537 Greater Glasgow 327 Lanarkshire 239 Lothian

570 in hospital (up 43 in day)

49 on ventilators (up 14 in a day)

There surely can be no question now what the UK has to do. Anyone not seeing this needs to look again at what is very very clear to me in data like this.

Last edited:
Not the OSC lol. I think they are too busy fighting project “big picture”
Yes l saw KPs e mail with the FSA stance.
The proposal has a lot of opposition from all levels and it makes me wonder how many fans will remain to go to grounds for Franchised Football and to see a match with the winners already decided despite the artificial drama through VAR, strange penalties and sending off.

I can completely sympathise with her, mate. There's absolutely no way the population can be expected to keep themselves so far apart from family and friends for anything close to another 12 months (if that's the expected vaccine rollout which we're now hearing more and more of). Or even at a push, 8 weeks of being locked down then 3 or 4 weeks of relative joy before being straight back into the next lockdown etc.

We're reaching breaking point.
Shes a teacher , its COVID all day at work, COVID messages from our kids school, COVID on the radio and news, COVID COVID COVID.

its literally taken over our lives and u worry about some on here.

for all we all argue on here and for all we have different ideas and ways to deal with it one thing is for sure..

.. we ALL have to learn to live With it, cos its going no where any time soon

We are now at a big tipping point. Denial and delay has already cost us.

There should be an emergency meeting of the whole UK today and instant decisions on rapid action (belated as they are).

Nicola Sturgeon just now is citing figures for Blackpool (Scottish people go there a lot) and advising people it is THE place where over past weeks that Scottish people have travelled before catching Covid.

Please do not go to Blackpool she says. Do not go in pubs there (or elsewhere) to watch the Rangers/Celtic match this weekend.

But, Blackpool - of course - was EXCLUDED by the government initially from the rest of Lancashire restrictions.

Go figure.

Last edited:
Nicola Sturgeon just called for an urgent Cobra meeting to discuss a UK strategy - so she agrees with what I said above. And it is surely obvious. Nobody should even need to ask. Should already be happening in a 'United' Kingdom.

Last edited:
Those of us pointing out the obvious downsides of lockdowns have been called selfish for months so welcome to our world. Slowly but surely scientists, doctors and now even the WHO are coming out and confirming how damaging lockdowns are, so are we ok to have a proper discussion now about this without the insults? My guess is probably not.
100% not. The word ‘moaning ****’ was thrown about hear the other day for thise that dare to suggest we need to learn to live with it. The loudest dont work and are stuck in anyway, they just want everyone stuck in with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.