COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough,i don't know what else the media can ask them if it not about lockdown or PPE

Thanks Karen. I have not watched the press conference for a few days and I’m just picking up the highlights from here. I think the press conferences are too frequent and holding one on East Sunday is a nonsense.

I think the journalists could be doing more research to inform their questions e.g. on the different types of tests and understanding it’s the tracing of sufferers contacts as well as testing they made a difference in Germany. Some of the journos reminded me (when I watched the pressers) of Lawrenson and Hansen on Match of the day. They spoke with great authority but didn’t always know their stuff eg they hadn’t heard of Hatem Ben Arfa when Newcastle bought the most in demand Under 21 player in Europe, from France.

vitamin D can be absorbed when its cloudy all be it not as much, dont sit in the green house you wont absorb anything, when/ if we have a nuclear winter then we are shafted but thats for another thread one day
We haven’t had a greenhouse for nearly thirty years mate.
I try to be outside walking for at least an hour or two a day

I was of the understanding that the 4 other members of the Coronavirus I.e common cold that we commonly contract ( not SARS and Mers) has proven to date that we so not have immunity in that the antibodies we all have to these viruses do not react to reinfections which is why we continuously get them?

have read many conflicting issues on this and I know it’s a complex area in relation to the protein spikes but there is sufficient evidence out there that immunity is not a given. SARS testing on immunity was never tested to an extensive degree as it had died out before we got to the point of testing vaccines that we working on - vaccine project was therefore abandoned??
Antibodies work by binding to specific parts of the virus in the same way that an enzyme binds to a substrate. The viral structure is encoded for by it's RNA. It's RNA mutates but in the case of Covid 19 the RNA molecule is relatively simple and is likely to be subject to single point mutations which are less likely to have an effect on its structure and function than shift mutations seen in complex viral genomes see in Influenza A. It's probabilty. It doesn't mean it wont mutate and our antibodies will become useless but it makes it less likely than in a notorious virus like Influenza A

Google point and shift mutations and RNA segments to find more. Someone posted a link to an explanation a few day ago but I forget who it was.

I've been taking vitamin D for over a year after my Dr. told me to. That's coming from someone that lives in a country that actually gets sun during the day.
strange what the sun gives us aswell as heat,,there is a little village i think in Austria and at certain time of the year the doctor was full of patients who had depression, this was happening every year in the same months and after a bit of reasearch it was because the sun didnt hit the village from November until late Feb,,what they did was put mirrors on the hillside to reflect the sunlight and eveyone got better

I’m not sure Karen that the majority of the public want to know - at this point - when are we coming out of lockdown. Most peole I chat to are surprised we haven’t had the announcement of an extension to the lockdown.

IMHO once the trend in both deaths and infections is going down, that’s when a lot of people will be asking for the lockdown to end IMHO. Atm it feels like the press are obsessed with the lockdown ending and the public aren’t.
Absolutely. Most people I know haven't mentioned end of lockdown once.

strange what the sun gives us aswell as heat,,there is a little village i think in Austria and at certain time of the year the doctor was full of patients who had depression, this was happening every year in the same months and after a bit of reasearch it was because the sun didnt hit the village from November until late Feb,,what they did was put mirrors on the hillside to reflect the sunlight and eveyone got better

The winter Blues is indeed a real thing mate. We have sun here from Nov to Feb but you wouldn't want to be out in it because it's minus 30c.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.