COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The winter Blues is indeed a real thing mate. We have sun here from Nov to Feb but you wouldn't want to be out in it because it's minus 30c.
yeh mate i new a guy i think he lived in Calgary Edmonton he was saying you had to heat your car engine while not in use,is that right?

I don’t know anyone who would dream of doing that

I thought you posted a few of weeks ago that you did that? Must have got you mixed up.
Lol, I've been imagining you look like this for a few weeks.

640-01363621en_Masterfile.jpg

Been getting out in the sun as much as possible recently for the vitamin D, also found out you get a decent amount in Frosties too..

yeh mate i new a guy i think he lived in Calgary Edmonton he was saying you had to heat your car engine while not in use,is that right?

Absolutely. Any cars out there have bock heaters installed. You won't start it unless it's plugged in. I have one but have never had to use it.

Been thinking about this, but as my daughter said yesterday the fact we went into lockdown at the same time , so ahead of London in the cycle, shouldn’t that mean other parts of the country could peak at the same time but at a lower level than London. If we locked down earlier in the cycle we may see the benefits of that.
This is what I thought but there are clearly other factors at play. I suspect these are:
- Housing occupancy. It is taking a while for disease to spread through a household.
- Food Shopping. Some disease spread is clearly happening as a result of this activity. Starting disease in new households.
- Dickheads. House parties and group meetings by dickheads are clearly spreading disease.
- High density housing. This will happen by leaving virus on surfaces in lifts and stair banisters. if the disease is even remotely airborne then a person walking down a poorly ventilated corridor can walk through 10micron moisture droplets containing virus.
The same issues have cropped up in Italy and Spain and they have clearly decided it is airborne as they gone ful facemask during the last week.

Last edited:
I'm sick of seeing dickhead people out and about. i work in the NHS and yes i am putting my life on the line each day I go to to work, despite what the millenials will say. We need a full lock down, exercise in the fucking house! lock all park gates, police at every beach access road, no **** cyclists riding 3 abreast risking my fucking life!! seriously so many people don't deserve the NHS! its odd that most people i see not giving a shit are millenials, couldn't give a shit about anyone but themselves!

Thanks Karen. I have not watched the press conference for a few days and I’m just picking up the highlights from here. I think the press conferences are too frequent and holding one on East Sunday is a nonsense.

I think the journalists could be doing more research to inform their questions e.g. on the different types of tests and understanding it’s the tracing of sufferers contacts as well as testing they made a difference in Germany. Some of the journos reminded me (when I watched the pressers) of Lawrenson and Hansen on Match of the day. They spoke with great authority but didn’t always know their stuff eg they hadn’t heard of Hatem Ben Arfa when Newcastle bought the most in demand Under 21 player in Europe, from France.
Ha that is a good way to put it,i would have liked them to ask more about the app we are testing and any news from early trials on the other drugs they think might help
I don't disagree with not having one today,i am assuming they want to ram home the message of not going out

I thought you posted a few of weeks ago that you did that? Must have got you mixed up.
Lol, I've been imagining you look like this for a few weeks.

640-01363621en_Masterfile.jpg
Oh, this reminds me of the guy I saw driving past yesterday. Old chap, 70s presumably, white and wrinkly but shiny and even tanned, shiny shaven head, thick glasses, an NHS blue, oversized shirt of the 'practical' kind you see advertised in the back pages of the national newspapers (2 for £16.99 plus £4.99 P&P)... driving around in the sun, arm draped oh so casually out the side of his slightly dirty forest green 2004 Hyundai saloon, such a not a care in the world attitude... banging out Will Smith. We live in a beautiful country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.