COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the assumption because we have studied thousands of viruses, including the most closely related to Covid19, understand how they work, how antibodies work, and can predict that it will work like every other virus.

The WHO has adopted an odd role of throwing out odd, scary information to make people keep taking this seriously, IMO because they're desperately tying to make up for their pathetic initial response which will end up costing hundreds of thousands of lives. They also did this noticeably when they started talking about the virus mutating into a more deadly form - something which is theoretically possible, but every virus we've ever studied has mutated into a weaker strain.

The fact is we have mapped enough viruses to know with a high degree of certainty that you will get a decent period of immunity, and after that a longlasting partial immunity. We can't confirm it until enough time has passed because it's a ten to twenty year process, but we can safely assume it based on everything else we know.

I was of the understanding that the 4 other members of the Coronavirus I.e common cold that we commonly contract ( not SARS and Mers) has proven to date that we so not have immunity in that the antibodies we all have to these viruses do not react to reinfections which is why we continuously get them?

have read many conflicting issues on this and I know it’s a complex area in relation to the protein spikes but there is sufficient evidence out there that immunity is not a given. SARS testing on immunity was never tested to an extensive degree as it had died out before we got to the point of testing vaccines that we working on - vaccine project was therefore abandoned??

I’m not sure Karen that the majority of the public want to know - at this point - when are we coming out of lockdown. Most peole I chat to are surprised we haven’t had the announcement of an extension to the lockdown.

IMHO once the trend in both deaths and infections is going down, that’s when a lot of people will be asking for the lockdown to end IMHO. Atm it feels like the press are obsessed with the lockdown ending and the public aren’t.
Fair enough,i don't know what else the media can ask them if it not about lockdown or PPE

I was of the understanding that the 4 other members of the Coronavirus I.e common cold that we commonly contract ( not SARS and Mers) has proven to date that we so not have immunity in that the antibodies we all have to these viruses do not react to reinfections which is why we continuously get them?

have read many conflicting issues on this and I know it’s a complex area in relation to the protein spikes but there is sufficient evidence out there that immunity is not a given. SARS testing on immunity was never tested to an extensive degree as it had died out before we got to the point of testing vaccines that we working on - vaccine project was therefore abandoned??
the common cold virus mutates every season so thats why we do not develope antibodies,if the influenza stayed the same we would not catch it as we would be immune, Covid 19 does not look to be seasonal so may not mutate the same

Daily plane spotting update, got a nice view of an RAF A400m returning from the Baltics, presumably loaded with helpful items. Heard it coming before I spotted it carving through the silver sky. Even at several thousand feet altitude and half a dozen miles away, that four prop configuration creates such an impressive drone. Very little road traffic noise around here tonight.

I don't know wether it's corona related, but there are several C17s flying in and out of Cyprus daily. Asides from the UK, destinations have included Qatar, and several African countries.

If city dwellers stayed in their fcukin cities, they wouldn’t spread it so far.

If my neighbours stopped going round each other's houses.... Probably 15 different people in the one house yesterday. Other lot went round to another local house where they got steaming drunk and treated everyone to 5 hours of Cock Sparrer, a band I'd never heard of before and hope to never encounter again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.