COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
More news about 15 minute Covid tests and the ability to perhaps test a million people a day as we approach xmas. Add in being a week closer to a vaccine and a week further through winter and I think we will start to see light at the end of the tunnel soon.

the negatives amongst us will sneer but people across the world are working so hard to solve this situation. It will pass.

More news about 15 minute Covid tests and the ability to perhaps test a million people a day as we approach xmas. Add in being a week closer to a vaccine and a week further through winter and I think we will start to see light at the end of the tunnel soon.

the negatives amongst us will sneer but people across the world are working so hard to solve this situation. It will pass.

Pzfizer looking at potentially late November for filing for use of their vaccine in the US.

The owners of the Harrogate Conference Centre / Nightingale are angry that it’s been used as a PR stunt with no patients treated so far. They want it back as a Conference Centre that generated lots of jobs and income for the town. They were very happy to help at the start but have lost patience and need the income.

it’s not going to be used for conferences any time soon.

This is the right thread to post stupid ideas and theories about Covid in isn't it? Mine is that I reckon we are probably about a month away from hitting what I call 'stupid herd immunity'. Basically my theory, which is based on absolutely no scientific data or knowledge whatsoever, is that the virus will eventually rip through about 60% of the people who are just ignoring all of the advice, not wearing masks, not social distancing etc. Once its done that it will start to find it harder to jump to the people who are doing the right things and cases will then start to fall away!

I’m all for more lockdown measures if the powers that be used it as an a opportunity to finally try and take control through mass testing.

Tests with fast results are available. All it means is more money to scale up. Lockdown, someone from each household tested, positives quarantined and compensated to keep them home. Massive operation. Costly. Surely it can be justified, though.

I just don’t understand how increasing lockdown measures across the country to return to the same state the following month after easing makes any sense.

Pay Greater Manchester the money for businesses to survive and I’m sure we’d go into tier 3 and accept it. Downing Street won’t, what part are they trying to do save vulnerable people from dying or stop the wider economy from tanking. They’ve achieved neither and are once again on the back foot when they’ve had the summer to prepare for this.

I don't know if to laugh or cry when Johnson is coming out with corkers like ‘he’s just trying to save lives’ as far as Manchester is concerned. What’s he been doing since March? His negligence and dithering has killed a lot more people than it should have.

Burnham won't back down on tier 3 unless there is more money on offer, and then he would reconsider?

They are hardly the actions of a person who is putting the health of Manchester first, either!

Added to the fact he has already said he would actually support another national lockdown, he's making himself look even more stupid than Boris.

The Manchester public would be impacted just the same.

He's making it a party issue and sending the same confusing messages.

The truth is there is no money left, we threw it in an obvious blind panic the first time around, the wider economy is already tanked.

The money now on offer is essentially the best it's gonna get, in a bid to just kick the can down the road a little while longer and help the NHS save as many lives as possible before hopefully a vaccine is rolled out.

Last edited:
No.
No.
No.
Not from this one.
I think it's worse than flu and more contagious.

My point was the hospital that had been reported as full to capacity is exactly how they would expect it at this time of year. Your questions are all totally unrelated to that. It's like you can't accept it so have to revert to a default set of questions.
The 1918 flu pandemic infected one third of global population, killing at least 50m and maybe 100m.

So Burnham won't back down on tier 3 unless there is more money on offer, and then he would reconsider?

They are hardly the actions of a person who is putting the health of Manchester first.

Added to the fact he has already said he would actually support another national lockdown, he's making himself look even more stupid than Boris.

The Manchester public would be impacted just the same.

He's making it a party issue and sending the same confusing messages.
How many people lose their income at tier 3?

National lockdown would come with a similar financial package to the first lockdown, you would expect.

In relation to Burnham’s stance: poverty, mental health, homelessness etc outweighs current virus risks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.