COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have been reasured we will get the oxford vaccine here first at least , i think people are underestimating just how long it is going to take to get the whole population vaccinated , it is easy to learn how to give it but the logistics of a mass roll out are very difficult
It’s not been tried before so we don’t know. We do know we give about 25 million flu vaccines normally in about 2 months so at a guess would think we are targetting maybe 40 million in lets say 4 months from December, I would estimate being done by April.
I do know volunteers have been recruited to get the flu vaccines done quickly, and to try and increase the uptake. I also know these volunteers have been asked to make themselves available for a covid vaccine roll out.

We have been reasured we will get the oxford vaccine here first at least , i think people are underestimating just how long it is going to take to get the whole population vaccinated , it is easy to learn how to give it but the logistics of a mass roll out are very difficult
It’s made even more complicated when the vaccination process requires two shots to be delivered as well.

Still think this is where the proverbial will hit the fan in the U.K. Gilbert was always confident she’d deliver the vaccine, but she did caution that the Government needed to have its systems in place to deliver it to the public. By dint of the procedure pause and ensuing American recalcitrance, the U.K. government has been gifted an extra three months to prepare, yet if it squanders that time as well, then it will fully deserve the opprobrium it receives.

Andy Burnham and Sir Edward LIster (Boris's deal 'enforcer') had a 'constructive' phone conversation this afternoon reportedly.

It’s made even more complicated when the vaccination process requires two shots to be delivered as well.

Still think this is where the proverbial will hit the fan in the U.K. Gilbert was always confident she’d deliver the vaccine, but she did caution that the Government needed to have its systems in place to deliver it to the public. By dint of the procedure pause and ensuing American recalcitrance, the U.K. government has been gifted an extra three months to prepare, yet if it squanders that time as well, then it will fully deserve the opprobrium it receives.
Could be why lots of extra people have been trained to give the vaccine to the population:
dentists, mid wives, pharmacists, paramedics etc

All settings deaths 67. Cases 16,982. But it was 65 last Sunday so a very modest rise. Which is good.

Deaths well down on yesterday too (but Sunday often is).

Cases up 811 on yesterday. And 4110 on last Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.