Pep's contract situation

I don’t see there being any issue of “drop off” owing to players thinking the manager won’t be there much longer. That said, I dont really like the idea of signing on for another year each season on a rolling basis. There’s no commitment.

even pellegrini was given/signed a 3 year deal when they knew he was going to only do a year.

No he wasn't. He was given a one year extension, in his final year.

Our rivals would piss ourselves if we hired the bottler that is Rodgers.

Can you imagine Brendan Rodgers lifting the CL trophy? You'd have to be pretty optimistic if so

Allegri plays defensive football which is no go for our board, rightly so.

Pochettino or Nagelsmann, no body else really.
I give you Roberto Di Mateo.

Pep’s our greatest ever manager. He’s also in the top 3, arguably number 1, best managers in the world. We are lucky to have him. However I can only see rolling contracts bringing instability. I get he might not want to commit for another 3 seasons but as a club we have to protect ourselves.

Maybe we’re hoping he commits to another year and then next year decides I’m happy I want to stay for another 3. Regardless I think if it continues to roll on it’s going to negatively impact on the club. Personally I’d love to see him commit to 2 years minimum and bring a bit of stability to it all.

A rolling contract can be a good thing even. Everyone will be on their toes like this, knowing they have to perform. Pep, the players, Txiki, etc.

The only important condition is that Pep gives notice in a timely manner each year. I.E by February/March it should be clear if he’s extending again or not.

Id be made up with any contract extension - if it’s 12 month rolling then so be it.
Just sign it quick so we can put it to bed and crack on without distractions.
You still have those distractions no? If there’s a couple back to back losses then questions are asked if he’ll leave at the end of the season. Nothing changes

I've seen plenty of Pep Out sentiment on here, not sure what world you're living in.

Literally the very next post after yours is saying they'd like a change.
I saw plenty of "Johnny fucking Evans in" sentiment last year but it was school holidays so i didn't think much of it. As for the post after mine, my Chrystal ball is on the blink so forgive me. We could organise a Pep in-Out poll i suppose to get a measure of forum opinion.

Mike Mcgrath generally has very good sources when it comes to City. Brilliant news
Not sure how I feel about a one year rolling contract if there is any truth in what some have suggested. Hopefully if he does sign it’s minimum two years and fingers crossed a three year extension. Might be overly hopeful with the 3 years, but 2 minimum is a must.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.