Pep's contract situation

We are lucky to have him but most important of all, he is a very lucky man to be the manager at this football club at this time.

He does not want for anything, has a wonderful owner and board that give him all that he needs.

Pep is not doing us any favours, the manager of manchester City FC is a very lucky man.
he is a great manager , the best imo and only 2nd to Roberto Mancini in my favs, we set our stall out, we give the managers every chance ,we deserve the very best because of the work done at the club

Does it not worry you when they state this as the reason for joining?

We are Manchester City FC, not Pep FC for me it still paints us as a small time club riding the shirttails of a great manager.

All three of those players should have been jumping at the chance to join us 'whoever' the fucking manager was.

It pisses me right off tbh.
Very few players join because we are Manchester City, if any. They join any team because of reasons from wages, the chance to win trophies, the chance to play champions league, to play good football and improve as players, location. Everyone of those except wages and location are linked to who the manager is.
Not to say players wouldn’t stay, join and play under a different managers to Pep but they would need to be convinced by the new man, and those as attractive to players especially new foreign players as Pep are few.

not a pop ,but if not pep , then who would you like to take over

Honestly no idea. It's like when we know we're going to need a new goalkeeper in a year's time and everyone thinks of the Ter Stegens and the Oblaks and then someone like Ederson who nobody was mentioning has a standout year and we end up going with them.

That is a teaser.
In an ideal world what in your opinion should the club do ?
Some posters seem to want an end to what they see as Spanish domination within the hierarchy

Oh it's none of that, I just think this particular project peaked a while ago and I don't see it returning to anywhere near those heights. Personally, I'd rather we just start with the next project instead of running this one into the ground.

Goes without saying that I'd be delighted to be proven wrong.

Honestly no idea. It's like when we know we're going to need a new goalkeeper in a year's time and everyone thinks of the Ter Stegens and the Oblaks and then someone like Ederson who nobody was mentioning has a standout year and we end up going with them.

Oh it's none of that, I just think this particular project peaked a while ago and I don't see it returning to anywhere near those heights. Personally, I'd rather we just start with the next project instead of running this one into the ground.

Goes without saying that I'd be delighted to be proven wrong.
The project did peak and is renewing itself as we go, and will be close to complete next season once Aguero and Fernandinho are replaced. That renewal will be much the same same players whoever the coach is.
so then the question is who’s best to coach the renewed team. For me it will still be Pep.

The project did peak and is renewing itself as we go, and will be close to complete next season once Aguero and Fernandinho are replaced. That renewal will be much the same same players whoever the coach is.
so then the question is who’s best to coach the renewed team. For me it will still be Pep.

That's fair enough. I can see that point of view but I don't share the same optimism.

To those criticising a rolling contract, can you elaborate exactly why you think it’s a bad thing?

If I recollect correctly, Pellegrini did state that the final year of his extension was kind of optional. If it's the same with Pep, we are not even sure he will be there next season.

I hope Pep stays, for me the best manager we have ever had, i will always remember Joe Mercer and big Mal, but todays football is so different, with so many world class footballers from around the world, now in this country.
Pep could create a dynasty for our club, if he stays, I hope he does.

This season is so unfair, our players have had less rest than all of the other clubs, so it was going to be difficult, but we are getting into our stride, look at how many games we are playing, its crazy, Peps right , we should have had 5 subs, the reason the lesser clubs don't want it, is because it gives them the advantage, because they are not playing in Europe.

Pep will lead us through, I for one hope he stays for a very long time, give him Shares in the club, Tie him in for life.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.