Maine Road or Etihad

Funny - I was thinking same about you. Have you read the comments from others on here who have similar thoughts to me about the atmosphere.

your love of all things Maine Road - It’s called nostalgia pal. Maine Road could be silent as a tomb sometimes & rocking on others. Just like the Etihad. But for me, walking up to the Etihad either down the main roads or from the link bridge - seeing it lit up - knocks Maine Road for 6.

this thread asks - Maine Road or Etihad? We’re not going to agree but just because you prefer Maine Road still doesn’t mean I can’t prefer The Etihad.

ive had enough of you now so this is my last response. Enjoy your reminiscing

Walking through dog shite , puddles and broken glass, while approaching the kippax, could never be replicated.
The half hour walk from the 1 inch kippax steps , down the waiting for a disaster steps from the top of the stand, queuing in the pouring rain to enter the piss filled urinals, modelled on Strangeways ,was a match day highlight.
Ducking the darts, broken bottles ,and random coinage on big match day, always bring back nostalgic memories.
Finally getting back to the car, the joy of finding a broken window, and missing stereo, the good old days.
They never ask the fans what they want when designing these grounds nowadays.

Most have the pubs have shut on the way to CoMS or around it. It is likely that most of the Maine Road pubs would be shut even if we stayed there. It is comparing two time zones.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.