Spurs (A) - Post-Match Thread

For the money we are allegedly going to spunk on a package for Messi in January.

We should be going for a long term solutions up front,like Haalland.and Martinez.

We should let him come for free in the summer.

Instead of giving Barcelona a huge bail out package for a player well past his sell by date.
Messi has been a great player but certainly not what we need now, we need a long term replacement for Sergio which we should have already got

I agree. Only City could have a ref pointing at an area that isn't handball. Kane is worse than Van Nistelroy was.
we need to step up to the plate with our gamesmanship and cheating if it's being rewarded. Moureen's teams have always been cheats.

Rodri was not our problem.. he played well particularly in the first half. Our problem is not individual. It’s collective. We need to change the way we play.
Quite, our problem was the piss poor defending for their first goal, it must be sapping, they had 4 decent attacks tonight and put the ball in our net 3 times, fortunately 1 was offside. At the other end, we're now blocking our own goal attempts, a lot of bad luck, but even more bad decision making.

Unfortunately I wasn't wrong in comparing this lot to our time under Hughes.

Twelve points from eight games marks Manchester City’s lowest points total at this stage of a Premier League campaign since 2008-09 (10 points).
Their 10 goals scored is their lowest after eight games since 2006-07 (six).

Unfortunately Peps post match comments were as predictable as the tactics and result.

Man City boss Pep Guardiola speaking to BBC Match of the Day: "It could be better, we played similar to how have all season. We did not defend good for the first goal. They then defended so deep, they defended with six and it was not easy.
"We had our chances, but we couldn’t score and they made two or three chances on the counter attack and we lost the game.
“We knew before the game that you cannot give them the first goal. We had more chances and them but we lost. Mourinho’s teams are like this, you make a mistake and they punish you on the counter attack.
"It is not easy Harry Kane and Ndombele are on halfway, the space is so difficult, our possession play was good, but football is the boxes and that is where we were not good.

Sorry Pep but itsy happening too often. You're being paid good money to sort it out so best you roll your sleeves up and get to it!!!

Are you saying Jesus is ready to take up Agüero's place as our main striker? If No then he is just a not good enough backup.how many times has he stepped in to change the game for us in important matches ?

Countless times. I repeat - you don’t understand football. You Only see the glitter.

you can’t even follow my post. I didn’t say Jesus is ready to take up Kun’s place. Quite the opposite fact. I said that you don’t seem to understand that he is not there to replace Kun as he’s a different type of player. Asking if he is “ready” is an insult to Jesus. He’s proved himself already. You obviously weren’t with us at Southampton when he secured our 100 points.
He has scored many important goals. Look up his goals to games ratio.

We need to go on a winning run in the league with immediate effect, do I think we're capable of doing that, no. We should beat Burnley and the likes, but we'll come up against a hard to play against team like Southampton at their ground and put in another shit performance and lose. Losing a lot of faith with Pep and his line ups and tactics not to mention his awful use of subs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.