Spurs (A) - Post-Match Thread

Well has our defence significantly improved since his arrival
I think our central pairing is much better, but as an overall unit is suffers because of the system we play, as aptly demonstrated today.
With a different system, i think our defensive problems would be much reduced. Still the nagging LB problem though.

The thing is when it was working everybody bought into it because they could see the results and success. Now we've been sussed a bit and it's not working doubts set in. He can scream and shout as much as he likes on the training ground but deep down they'll be thinking, " Yeah of course you're right mate, well it didn't work when Leicester hammered us or when.a poor Tottenham .beat us. Or when West Ham and Leeds held us." They will think like the fans are thinking you can bet on that, that we've been sussed and the tactics aren't working. Now he either wins them around quickly and things change, or it's a slippery slope from here.

I have come to the conclusion(did last season in fairness) that Pep will make a very good team, a title challenging team even better, that’s his quality. He will break records with teams like Barca, Bayern and us when the players at his disposal are top notch.

Give him players not quite at that level however not only can he not make them do better than what would be expected he makes them poorer. With a certain team Pep should be anyone’s first choice outside of that he is quite poor. I firmly believe it’s not mission impossible to get this squad last season and this to perform better than he has.

So do we spend huge amounts? Can we afford to? Are the players Pep needs out there and gettable and within time? Or do we employ someone who could do a better job by simply not being bogged down with his ideology of how the game should be played?

I understand the Loyalty for Pep from some supporters but my loyalty is with the club. The powers that be seem to have made their mind up anyhow. So whether you think he is the dogs bollocks or only great in preferable scenarios we are all along for the ride.

You've obviously forgotten the Pearce era.

Fan's are only interested in winning. If they play great football as well that's the icing on the cake but do you think Spurs fans are worried about that tonight sitting on top of the table after beating us 2-0? Are they fuck, they will be wanking about a Mourhino masterclass and dreaming of the title come May.

indeed. To be honest, as I can’t go to the game at the min, I personally don’t give a fuck how we play as long as we win. I was delighted we beat Arsenal when we were very very average. The performance didn’t bother me at all

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.