Spurs (A) - Post-Match Thread

I never said I'm satisfied with the performances but it isn't anywhere near as bad as you think. It's still early on in the season & we have everything to play for. I'll give you a prediction, come the new year we will be top 2 & in contention.
If winning 3 out of 8 games isn’t “anywhere near as bad”, then you just don’t have any ambition for our club. Sorry to say but it seems you are still stuck in the old days. No one is saying the season has finished but there are clear worrying signs for more than a year now. You would have tried to understand that but your head is too far up Pep’s ass. He needs to change things when there is clearly something wrong.

If winning 3 out of 8 games isn’t “anywhere near as bad”, then you just don’t have any ambition for our club. Sorry to say but it seems you are still stuck in the old days. No one is saying the season has finished but there are clear worrying signs for more than a year now. You would have tried to understand that but your head is too far up Pep’s ass. He needs to change things when there is clearly something wrong.
Been supporting city for over 35 years and I have got loads of pals who are always harping back to the 90s. Yes we were truly shite back then. But the expectations are so much higher now. The barometer of our success is based on trophies now. Not doing the double over united and having a decent cup run. In the Pearce era if we had won 3 out of 8 we'd be getting giddy. I salute the optimism of our fans who glasses are always half full. But I like to comment on what's happening in front of us right now. And like you say mate the signs are very worrying at the minute. Who'd of thought at the beginning of the season we'd be saying Fulham and Burnley are must win for us!!

If every other manager knows how to beat us then why is our record over the last 3 years Champions, Champions, Runners up ?. This season is not normal, we had 7 days pre season after the CL in August. Yesterday was off the back of an international break. Lets see where we are in six or seven weeks time before panicking.
Read my post properly, please. I said managers KNOW how to beat us but - fortunately - mostly don’t have the resources to do so.

However, that trend is changing. Look at this season and last, not two or three years ago. We were indeed ahead of the game at that stage but time has moved on.

It's working for spurs...

Would you rather us continue to play possession based aimless passing and fight for top 6 or more direct and be in the hunt for the title?

"Football" is evolving. And at the minute we are getting left behind.

I guarantee you we finish above Spurs.

The spine of kompany Silva Fernandinho Aguero has gone. City have some top players but we need that spark back.

It wasn’t as noticeable at the beginning when player like Zaba where filtered out for the latest and greatest “upgrade”. But now that Kompany and Silva are gone and Aguero and Ferna seem to be injured all the time it’s obvious we’ve “upgraded” with some players that are just collecting a paycheck. They may have all the physical attributes but lack emotion and desire.

Last edited:
Same old same old they have worked us out. Why last 18 months ? Cause we have lost more right. What happened during the Christmas period of 18-19 season when we lost to crystal palace, leicester and newcastle.
The kids got no sodding Pressies thats what ok :-)

Yesterday's loss was worrying. Firstly because Spurs played exceptionally well. They were a typical Mourinho team but they played his style better than any team has for many years. Harry Kane was easily the best player on the pitch and gave a performance of which I did not believe he was capable. I did not believe he was at all a Mourinho player but I have to admit that PEG has got him playing all over the pitch and he certainly changed my opinion of him. Beating Spurs last night would have been a tall order for any team at any time - and they got better as the match progressed, which was something else I would never have expected. The simple fact was that City were second best for much of last night's game and this is something that has never really happened for some considerable time.

Explaining why we are not as good as we were is beyond me. I think we haven't solved the problem of a deep lying midfielder - Rodri is an excellent player but he is not a replacement for Ferna. Ferna is not just a great player but he has that essential dose of cynicism so necessary. Few on here liked Neville's comment about the dark arts, but it was a genuine compliment and he pointed out at that all great sides needed it. Last night Ferna would never have turned his back on that free kick and he would have made sure it was not taken quickly or at all until we were in position. He would have stood over the ball to delay the free kick and that goal would not have been scored. Cancelo's positional play was poor to allow the pass "over the top" and Eddie was too far out. These were costly mistakes but I cannot accept some of the ludicrous comments made about Eddie on the goalkeepers thread.

The second goal was very well made and taken and this does highlight a problem in breaking down counter attacks which has been a problem against better teams for some time. This is not the fault of Kyle Walker or any other individual. Who do we trust to remedy the fault? A new manager? A panicky critic from bluemoon? Or Pep Guardiola, the man who remedied such a fault in 2016?

Harry Kane has been the best player in the prem for me this season. Excellent season so far. Just peaking now I think.

Hate to say this, and having not read all this thread I am seriously beginning to think if Maureen was our manager we would have won the Champions League by now. Strike me down if you want ....
Think your right fella . Defo would have Lyon that’s for sure but it’s all the other crap what comes with him. I don’t mind him to be honest and I think he is best manager if you need to win a certain game but his way is not pretty .

Our problem is as clear as daylight. When we concede 1 or 2 goals now - we lose the match. In previous seasons we would score 4/5and 6 so there was never an issue when we conceded 1/2 goals. We have got to find a way of getting our scoring mojo back and simply outscore our opponents like we were doing. Its not rocket science. Its Peps job to work that out hes getting paid enough to do that.

Our problem is as clear as daylight. When we concede 1 or 2 goals now - we lose the match. In previous seasons we would score 4/5and 6 so there was never an issue when we conceded 1/2 goals. We have got to find a way of getting our scoring mojo back and simply outscore our opponents like we were doing. Its not rocket science. Its Peps job to work that out hes getting paid enough to do that.

We definitely need to invest in a goal scorer. Mentioned earlier that imo we should be going all out for Haaland, whatever it takes. In the short term Pep needs to address the attacking mid issues which is offering nothing in the final third. Mahrez and Bernardo were abysmal yesterday and Kev is underperforming. Replacing Silva was never going to be straight forward but it shouldn't be as detrimental to our attacking play as it is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.