COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
come on, this must be a parody user now? Hahahaha

shows how fucked up this forum is that anyone saying there is no need to be so rude to the elected pm who is working hard is labelled a parody user.

probably the same people spouting be kind when Caroline flack killed herself.

anyway it’s going to be a very tough few weeks seemingly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whilst I am pretty good at coping with stress (have had to be) I think there is an element of truth in that. Still I assume over Christmas they will minimise publication of data and I will binge on musicals and romantic comedies and post less on here. Which will be good.
I bloody love musicals, especially the old Hollywood ones ;-)

Meanwhile England hospital data not too good. Over past 48 hours.

IF YOU DO NOT READ THE DATA PLEASE READ THE BIT IN BOLD AT THE BOTTOM AS IT MIGHT BE IMPORTANT.

Patients 15, 866 - 16, 183 - 16, 526 TODAY (Was 14, 460 last Mon).

Ventilators 1190 - 1239 - 1268 TODAY (Was 1123 last Mon).

REGIONS:

LONDON Pat:- 2726 - 2909 - 2960 TODAY (Was 2212 last Mon) // Vent:- 311 - 322 - 356 TODAY (Was 256 last Mon)

Huge increases in patients and 100 up on ventilators to highest level of any region yet in the 2 nd wave.

MIDLANDS: Pat:- 3289 - 3293 - 3203 TODAY (Was 3276 last Mon) // Vent:- 246 - 254 - 243 TODAY (Was 278 last Mon)

Starting to peak and fall perhaps? London close to becoming the biggest hospitalised region.

NE/YORKSHIRE: Pat:- 2396 - 2413 - 2464 TODAY (Was 2353 last Mon) // Vent:- 137 - 152 - 149 TODAY (Was 147 last Mon)

Starting to creep up.

NORTH WEST: Pat:- 2255 - 2253 - 2315 TODAY (Was 2266 last Mon) // Vent:- 159 - 162 - 156 TODAY (Was 165 last Mon)

Patients creeping up a little but ventilators slowly falling and TWO HUNDRED less on them today than London which is an extraordinary turn around

But is also concerning as to the seriousness of this new strain.

Here is why :-

London patients are still below where the NW was when it peaked in mid November at 3158 - and THEN only 280 were on ventilators in the NW out of that higher number of patients. They have fallen to almost half in the 5 weeks since then.

But London has 200 fewer patients in today with 356 - 76 more - on ventilators.

There could be reasons for this disparity of a higher percentage of patients on ventilators between London now and the NW 5 weeks ago

However, an obvious possible reason is that those people might be more likely to have the new strain of the virus than those in the NW did by mid November when its prevalence here was very low.

Hope someone is studying this data as they surely must have spotted it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.