Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
These messages are welcome but should probably have been first aired on Boxing Day. Similarly, many European countries have issued curfews, yet that seems to be a measure the U.K. government continues to resist. But for how much longer?

Drove through Didsbury, not a mask in sight. Hoards of people out. In two weeks the situation will be off the scale. The ‘supposedly’ educated are the worst. Emergency latte is fine if you have private healthcare. I wouldn’t be so sure, demand will be through the roof soon enough.

I think the main reason we have resisted a curfew is they know it will be very hard to enforce without putting thousands of extra police on the streets.

The trouble with stricter restrictions is that they are obeyed by the same people who obey the less strict ones and ignored by the rest using civil liberties as a reason.

The better solution is to make punishment for breaking existing restrictions something that is a deterrent not something you can accept as worthwhile risking.

If someone who does wrong is forced to do community service such as clearing out the rubbish outside a care home they might think twice whereas a token fine is nothing. If you can afford it you pay it. If you can't then its a fair bet it will not be imposed. And if more than one of you are breaking the rules you can share it to the point it is pretty much meaningless.

Research from Whuhan says research into long covid shows 3/4 of people are still suffering at least one symptom six months after infection

For those who say well it wont kill me , think on
If it's the research recently published in the Lancet, its the number of people showing symptoms six months after discharge from hospital. How this translates into long covid following milder illness is uncertain.

No good news from the data sadly.

England hospital deaths 625 - almost double last week and 4 times two weeks ago.

NW at 62 under 10% so still not at the level down south. Though deaths will always lag behind infections so I fear NW deaths are about to increase unfortunately in coming weeks.

Yorkshire had fewer - the one area really avoiding the disaster England has fallen into right now. Far and away the lowest numbers now.

All three of the southern regions had over 120 deaths each today.

Last edited:
Dr Zudin Puthucheary, council member of the Intensive Care Society and a critical care consultant, has told Sky News that intensive care units are "full beyond bursting", staff are "breaking themselves" and 30% of people who are submitted to intensive care with coronavirus will likely die.

Yeah and ive got my parents on it. We all know its good for the immune system, so it certainly can't help! On Vitamin D and a multivitamins general one.
Yeah get everyone you know on vitamin supplements + extra Vitamin D on top (Minimum strength Vitamin 1000iu, 25µg = 500% NRV). In fact the bigger and more unfit you are the more you should be on. I'm on 4x that (100ug) and I'm fairly convinced it saved my life as I was very ill.
Hopefully my advice in Feb on Vit D and other matters has helped many blues on here.
(BTW It only has side effects if your skinny and you take above 5000%. NRV.)

Last edited:
Scotland data:

93 deaths.

1865 cases at 8.7% positive.

1596 in hospital - up 66.

109 on icu ventilators - up 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.