Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
more embarrassing than about to go bust?
Yes, but not as embarrassing as paying £100m plus for each of griezmann, demvele and coutinho
Get your head round this....they are three of the top six fees ever
Other players mbappe, neymar and felix all far superior
Can’t see why they are going bust at all!

Yes, but not as embarrassing as paying £100m plus for each of griezmann, demvele and coutinho

Trying to appease their best ever player so he won’t walk by paying massive fees for players who aren’t up to it and that ultimately resulting in their best ever player wanting to walk away is embarrassing.

isnt greizmann on something like €400,000 a week as well?!

I'd say developing a player for Barca for 3 years and having paid 1.5 million to do it while refusing a reasonable fee as far back as August is pretty embarrassing. Everyone has their own perspective

let’s see what develops - if they do manage to find a few million down the back of Messi’s sofa then we’ll have done ok. BTW you forgot to mention the use we got from him when we had a defender crisis.

But as you can see by our stance - actually the whole situation is not an issue for us but Barca (& I won’t say “you” because you’re not from Barcelona) are really making it one for them.

how the mighty have fallen.

By the way - what are Barca going to lose in the summer by not letting Messi go when they could get a fee for him? The two situations show how poor Barca are at managing their club.

Last edited:
Also don't forget, they're going bust and haven't finished paying for them yet

I'd say developing a player for Barca for 3 years and having paid 1.5 million to do it while refusing a reasonable fee as far back as August is pretty embarrassing. Everyone has their own perspective

My perspective is that your club couldn't afford fuck all to get back one of your own.. Furthermore as to what is a reasonable fee.. Its a fee that both selling club and buying club agree on..
We wanted x amount and you couldn't afford it.. City aren't going to roll over and say oh dear Barcelona are in Shit Street and haven't got a pot to piss in so let them have Garcia for 50pence.
I think for City it's more the principle than the money.. We aren't exactly skint in case you hadn't noticed so a few million Euros isn't going to make or break us.
I can see why you are a Barca fan though.. You as as fucking arrogant as them.

As a result of discussions with candidates & Tusquets, no transfer will happen this month - He comes for free in July
He comes for free cause your club are unwiling and or unable to pay...the elections are just a distraction from the truth...you have a stand in/temporary president so a deal could still be done if needed. ..Koeman himself is quoted as saying you need reinforcements..but you would rather get the player on a free (as you state)...clearly the club dont value him that highly.....

What happens if Garcia picks up an injury ner the end of the season?...will you leave him hanging to see if he recovers.....

We already have a centre back in Ruban Dias who is twice the player Garcia is and much more suited to the prem league....

As I said in a previous post, from one point of view I completely understand the player himself wanting to return "home"....However it also shows a lack of ambition on his part and is an easy move for him.....if it had been 3-4 years ago when Barca were dominating all before them, then I could understand it.....but now its just an easy option....if he was going to Bayern, PSG, Liverpool, - teams competing then I could understand it but he is going to a club(Home) where things will be easy for him. ....it smacks a little of a weak/limited mindset.

Also ask yourself how many of those other clubs that are really competing would have Garcia in their first 11.......none of them would....

As i said right at the start of Garcia's first set of appearances for us....yes he is a very good footballer, but he is not cut out to be a centre half in the premiership...dias has come in and dominated showing what it truly takes to be a centre half in this league.....and if you look at all the best ones from the past for any team - VVD, Vidic, Ferdinand, Terry, Kompany - Gacria pales into insignificance in terms of ability and just as important, on and off the pitch leadership ability and personality...he absolutely lacks the physical presence as we/l compared to any of them, something that you need in the premiership.

He may well be a success at Barca but he never would be in this league and I for one am glad he is leaving.....yes we let him go on a free but in reality it makes are squad more solid as we can promote a couple fo youth who do have the physical capability along with the footballing ablilty as well.

We lose out on 10-20m.....

You could lose out on 100m if Messi comes on a free as Im sure we would have payed close to that if your club hadnt been stupid about it last summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.