Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
He comes for free cause your club are unwiling and or unable to pay...the elections are just a distraction from the truth...you have a stand in/temporary president so a deal could still be done if needed. ..Koeman himself is quoted as saying you need reinforcements..but you would rather get the player on a free (as you state)...clearly the club dont value him that highly.....

What happens if Garcia picks up an injury ner the end of the season?...will you leave him hanging to see if he recovers.....

We already have a centre back in Ruban Dias who is twice the player Garcia is and much more suited to the prem league....

As I said in a previous post, from one point of view I completely understand the player himself wanting to return "home"....However it also shows a lack of ambition on his part and is an easy move for him.....if it had been 3-4 years ago when Barca were dominating all before them, then I could understand it.....but now its just an easy option....if he was going to Bayern, PSG, Liverpool, - teams competing then I could understand it but he is going to a club(Home) where things will be easy for him. ....it smacks a little of a weak/limited mindset.

Also ask yourself how many of those other clubs that are really competing would have Garcia in their first 11.......none of them would....

As i said right at the start of Garcia's first set of appearances for us....yes he is a very good footballer, but he is not cut out to be a centre half in the premiership...dias has come in and dominated showing what it truly takes to be a centre half in this league.....and if you look at all the best ones from the past for any team - VVD, Vidic, Ferdinand, Terry, Kompany - Gacria pales into insignificance in terms of ability and just as important, on and off the pitch leadership ability and personality...he absolutely lacks the physical presence as we/l compared to any of them, something that you need in the premiership.

He may well be a success at Barca but he never would be in this league and I for one am glad he is leaving.....yes we let him go on a free but in reality it makes are squad more solid as we can promote a couple fo youth who do have the physical capability along with the footballing ablilty as well.

We lose out on 10-20m.....

You could lose out on 100m if Messi comes on a free as Im sure we would have payed close to that if your club hadnt been stupid about it last summer.
Great post

He comes for free cause your club are unwiling and or unable to pay...the elections are just a distraction from the truth...you have a stand in/temporary president so a deal could still be done if needed. ..Koeman himself is quoted as saying you need reinforcements..but you would rather get the player on a free (as you state)...clearly the club dont value him that highly.....

What happens if Garcia picks up an injury ner the end of the season?...will you leave him hanging to see if he recovers.....

We already have a centre back in Ruban Dias who is twice the player Garcia is and much more suited to the prem league....

As I said in a previous post, from one point of view I completely understand the player himself wanting to return "home"....However it also shows a lack of ambition on his part and is an easy move for him.....if it had been 3-4 years ago when Barca were dominating all before them, then I could understand it.....but now its just an easy option....if he was going to Bayern, PSG, Liverpool, - teams competing then I could understand it but he is going to a club(Home) where things will be easy for him. ....it smacks a little of a weak/limited mindset.

Also ask yourself how many of those other clubs that are really competing would have Garcia in their first 11.......none of them would....

As i said right at the start of Garcia's first set of appearances for us....yes he is a very good footballer, but he is not cut out to be a centre half in the premiership...dias has come in and dominated showing what it truly takes to be a centre half in this league.....and if you look at all the best ones from the past for any team - VVD, Vidic, Ferdinand, Terry, Kompany - Gacria pales into insignificance in terms of ability and just as important, on and off the pitch leadership ability and personality...he absolutely lacks the physical presence as we/l compared to any of them, something that you need in the premiership.

He may well be a success at Barca but he never would be in this league and I for one am glad he is leaving.....yes we let him go on a free but in reality it makes are squad more solid as we can promote a couple fo youth who do have the physical capability along with the footballing ablilty as well.

You could lose out on 100m if Messi comes on a free as Im sure we would have payed close to that if your club hadnt been stupid about it last summer.

Excellent post & summary. He turns a blind eye to the point highlighted above

@simon23 No logic in comparing Garcia's situation to that of the GOAT anymore than there is comparing him to Dias - one has little to do with the other

I would've preferred getting Eric in August, for a reasonable fee...but that didn't happen. I had very little expectation that a reasonable fee would be agreed upon for his arrival in Jan so clearly the alternative was coming for free. I feel for the player more than anyone else, the depth at Barca is fine atm as it is at City

Even if he were to hypothetically get an injury, he's still a cantera player that would be returning for free - just with a recovery period

Revisionism as well to suggest it is weak minded on his part to return to his home club when the coach & City prioritized him & his extension - he simply balked. 3=4 years ago he was 16 Captaining Juvenil A, he was not about to play in the 1st team. He left like many La Masia players have during the tenure of Rosell & Bartomeu because they were deprioritized and the path to the 1st team was unclear. And as I have already said before, few understand these nuances better than Pep & Txiki

So you say, no one apart from Pep or Barca would want the player - odd then why it evokes so much anger from Blues. Why not take what you can for someone so poor and surplus to needs? Ask yourself that question, see if you can come up with an honest answer

And as I have said, almost verbatim was said about Pique 12=13 seasons ago when at United. Plus, looking at the cantera players that are flourishing atm given a chance at Barca, it only reinforces the philosophy that has been ignored for too long - trust in La Masia, which is why I have always hoped for Eric's return. I simply did not think it would happen so soon

True, Barca could lose out on millions with Messi leaving in July although I would say his value is priceless. Still, he has given quite a bit from that investment and no cule could be bitter were he to leave on a free after all his contributions over 21 seasons. Has Garcia given enough to justify forfeiting 15-18M, if not pay 1.5M to develop him over 3 seasons? That's a fair question as well

Good to have Garcia for the rest of a difficult season
just in case of injuries or covid.
He's good enough for minimum 80% of our opponents
and always reliable. More important option than some quid.

Hope he won't play much as that would mean
our CB's are fit and healthy and can share the workload without him.

Still he has a contract here, never dropped a bad word about City, always giving 100% and can decide to play where he wants.

@simon23 No logic in comparing Garcia's situation to that of the GOAT anymore than there is comparing him to Dias - one has little to do with the other

I would've preferred getting Eric in August, for a reasonable fee...but that didn't happen. I had very little expectation that a reasonable fee would be agreed upon for his arrival in Jan so clearly the alternative was coming for free. I feel for the player more than anyone else, the depth at Barca is fine atm

Even if he were to hypothetically get an injury, he's still a cantera player that would be returning for free - just with a recovery period

Revisionism as well to suggest it is weak minded on his part to return to his home club when the coach & City prioritized him & his extension - he simply balked. 3=4 years ago he was 16 Captaining Juvenil A, he was not about to play in the 1st team. He left like many La Masia players have during the tenure of Rosell & Bartomeu because they were deprioritized and the path to the 1st team was unclear. And as I have already said before, few understand these nuances better than Pep & Txiki

So you say, no one apart from Pep or Barca would want the player - odd then why it evokes so much anger from Blues. Why not take what you can for someone so poor and surplus to needs? Ask yourself that question, see if you can come up with an honest answer

And as I have said, almost verbatim was said about Pique 12=13 seasons ago when at United. Plus, looking at the cantera players that are flourishing atm given a chance at Barca, it only reinforces the philosophy that has been ignored for too long - trust in La Masia, which is why I have always hoped for Eric's return. I simply did not think it would happen so soon

True, Barca could lose out on millions with Messi leaving in July although I would say his value is priceless. Still, he has given quite a bit from that investment and no cule could be bitter were he to leave on a free after all his contributions. Has Garcia given enough to justify forfeiting 15-18M, if not pay 1.5M to develop him over 3 seasons? That's a fair question as well
I don't think City fans are angry at losing Garcia.. In fact most of us don't really give a fuck.
He's not a bad player but he's not in my opinion ever going to be a top class central defender.. He lacks pace and he's not tall enough to deal with the likes of the traditional centre forwards in England, but he might be better suited to the slower, less physical game in Spain.
I think the issue that pisses us off is that your club wanted him but were unwilling to meet the fee and as much as they rate and needed him they wouldn't pay up and wanted to get him for as little as possible.
Garcia can leave in summer on a free and I doubt he will be missed.
Barcelona could have let Messi go last summer but wouldn't agree a reasonable fee so we might get him on a free.
Difference is we turned down a paltry offer with hard to reach add ons by all accounts and your lot turned down 100 million which you desperately need..

I would've preferred getting Eric in August, for a reasonable fee...but that didn't happen. I had very little expectation that a reasonable fee would be agreed upon for his arrival in Jan so clearly the alternative was coming for free. I feel for the player more than anyone else, the depth at Barca is fine atm as it is at City

True, Barca could lose out on millions with Messi leaving in July although I would say his value is priceless. Still, he has given quite a bit from that investment and no cule could be bitter were he to leave on a free after all his contributions over 21 seasons. Has Garcia given enough to justify forfeiting 15-18M, if not pay 1.5M to develop him over 3 seasons? That's a fair question as well
You didn’t offer 15:18 million
You tried to get a young full international for 8 so we quite rightly said shove it

Really...so comparing one centre half against another in terms of performance and affect on the team isnt relevant.....we are talking about football you know.

Its not revisonism at all...its a suggestion of a possible mindset..I never said he was.....but it could suggest this...I wasnt suggesting he should have returned to Barca 3 years ago...Im suggesting that if he was returning to Barca and they were at the same level as 3-4 years ago and dominating then I could understand it being a challenge - but Barca arent at that level and going home is always an easier option than going to a different league/country where he woudl have to adapt more

Him leaving isnt evoking the anger.....like me many are happy to see him go for footballing reasons....we hve better players and as i said right fromt he very start for me he isnt the right player to be a premiership centre half...you need certain qualities - he has some but not all. We didnt take what we could because like barca we had a valuation of him that the club beleives was valid.....Barca didnt bt aths how busness works...its the seller who sets the price and teh range that they are willing to work around that price....not the buyer who decides that....a young centre half for 15-20m who has a good 10 years in him is at the right price.....Ill ask again. if he is so good why are no other clubs banging our door down wanting him (especialy on a free) - and its not just because he will go to Barca,...that wouldnt stop others trying......
The anger comes from the way its done...players (potentially under the instructions of the interested party) running down contracts to be sold for free.....Sane tried to do it to us as well until we eventually got a fee. It also is directed at you (not by me) because of your individual provocational posting style.....the post today is a fine example of this and I beieve you are intelligent enough to know that you are doing this...if not now you do so I suggest you change your style as it does provoke.....

the example today for clairification was .........."he comes on a free".... a simple short statement like that is provocational on a number of levels....one, its presumptious...yes it is probably a foregone conclusion he will but there are many months in between now and then (like you have said about Messi) and everyone knows it only takes a few minutes for things to change in football transfers...so dont ever be so presumptious. ...it smacks of arrogance. Secondly you come across as intelligent but again you consistently state thing as though your club is special.....every club is the most special to its own supporters.....barca to its supporters, City to us, Wakefiedl Town and Accrington Stanley to their supporters. A little humiltiy wouldnt go a miss when on others supporters forums but you seem to be lacking in this and constantly go on about Barca as some guiding light for everyone else to look up to and how all Barca kids want to play for you and will do anything to acheive this.....Im sorry to burst your bubble but thats just not how football works anymore....We have our very own Phil Foden who is a Man City fan but make no mistake about it.......if he wasnt getting something he wanted, if the club suddenly fell apart and we couldnt offer him the stage, chances, competition etc he required (and the money) - he would be off somewhere else.....and the same goes for your players.........you have been lucky to have been consistently successful over a long period of time but nothing lasts forever so be careful as if the walls do start tumbling in Barca (and if Covid continues a lot fo big clubs could be in trouble) then loyalty from players will only go so far

You again by bringing up Pique have missed the point...no one is saying Pique hasnt been successful...but he wouldnt have been so successful here if he had stayed....and Garcia will be more successful at Barca than he will be with us...on a personal level.....he is more cut out for that league but he isnt cut out for this one..the difference in our defence with him in it compared to Dias is night and day....Dias brings out the best in others...Garcia magnifies the worst in others.

The 15-18m is the market going rate for a player of Garcia standing and potential.....in fact its more than reasonable.....you clearly rate him so do you not believe he is worth that much. If he was your player, would you not want him (Now) to sell him for that much at least....why should city expect anything different.....

Reactions: CC1
You didn’t offer 15:18 million
You tried to get a young full international for 8 so we quite rightly said shove it

Doubt the actual amount they wanted to hand over in one transaction was even that much. And - FAO of Mr Barca - the situation isn’t causing us Blues any angst. We just like fishing. Garcia is our bait & we reel the fish (FcB) in every time :). :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.