Cheltenham Town (A) | Post-Match Thread

Can agree with 60% of that. Mahrez hadn't the beating of Freestone throughout although he did swing in some dangerous crosses
Harwood Bellis was playing right back and it's just not his position really .
Doyle was excellent first half but faded later.
Foden superb - will really help as KDB is now injured .
Gundogan settled things down when he came on. Moving the ball faster ,moving CTL around the pitch ,tiring them
Cancelo added a crossing /passing dimension which we lacked.
Dias didn't do too much but seriously he does have that air of confidence that gives all of the players a boost. What presence. His sheer addition on the field of play woke the team up.
Laporte was definitely fouled for their goal.No wonder he ran up to the referee.
Tozer also stole 7 - 10 yards up the line for that throw in. No wonder Pep actually got in the refs face to complain the next time he tried to do the same from roughly the same position after we were winning 2-1.
Great subs by Pep. btw
Garcia was sublime first half. No excuse though for the goal as May has got to be picked up.

Did you notice as the throw came in, Mendy took two steps backwards so had no chance of getting to the ball once it had cleared the front post
Truly dreadful defending

City 3-1 yet man of the match goes to a Cheltenham player, I have never seen that before
Consolation prize - Foden has every chance of being motm in several fa cup finals, the Cheltenham lads worked their balls off and he led from the front.

Difficult watch at times. Superb effort by Cheltenham, they really stuck to their game plan and their application was very good. They looked calm on the ball and gave it a real go.

As for us, well, too many players thinking the game was beneath them, too many not putting 100% in and that’s what boils my piss. Take your chance in the team! I worry about Jesus. I don’t think he’s ever going to be the striker we need. I don’t like Mahrez’s attitude. He has more talent than 99% of footballers in the world, but I don’t think he suits us at all. Mendy is done at the top level, injuries and attitude. We should look to move him on and replace him.

Cancelo put in a great 10/15 minutes and both he and Gundogan tipped the balance in our favour. Foden was more than decent again.

A win is a win but I think we had a poor day at the office.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.