#26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's nothing to do with space, as you've just described he's got all of the technical ability to operate in small spaces.

Mahrez's problems are all mental and have been since the day he arrived at the club. This was his big pay day, he went from Ligue 2 in 2014 to signing a £55m guaranteed contract in 2018 and it completely killed whatever drive he had before.

All of his issues are to do with attitude. He doesn't work very hard, he is greedy, he's too casual, he just doesn't care most of the time. When he does show up with the right mindset, he can be brilliant, but it's rare.

Honestly if there was any game where you could guarantee Mahrez would not want to be there and put in a shit performance, playing away to a League 2 team in the FA Cup with half the team rested is it, and I don't know why the management didn't recognise that - maybe they don't care and just needed to rest Bernardo more than they needed a good performance at RW.
I suspect most of this is true. He’s in danger of becoming someone you rotate in simply to give others a break, which is probably what happened on Saturday. Given the recent form or inexperience of some of his rivals, that’s a damning indictment.

I suspect most of this is true. He’s in danger of becoming someone you rotate in simply to give others a break, which is probably what happened on Saturday. Given the recent form or inexperience of some of his rivals, that’s a damning indictment.
Even the commentator noted how the Cheltenham LB knew he was coming inside on his left every time, so just blocked him off! It’s the same thing with Sterling on the left!

Knowing Txiki's bizarre approach to recruitment/selling we'll probably offload Bernardo on a free before Mahrez.

Mahrez should never have been signed imo. He looks worth no more than the £400k Leicester paid for him in most games.

The chase probably cost us Sancho too. Or at least solidified the decision.

I know a Leicester fanatic and ST holder. He’s not at all surprised how it’s worked out with us. Never a guy to bust a bollock.

Obviously you can be unlucky with a signing - e.g. Mendy and his injuries - but this seems a case where we didn‘t carry out due diligence.
Funny that, I had exactly the same from one of theirs. He said Mahrez was so laid back he was horizontal and would not relish the high intensity nature of Pep.

I know a Leicester fanatic and ST holder. He’s not at all surprised how it’s worked out with us. Never a guy to bust a bollock.

Obviously you can be unlucky with a signing - e.g. Mendy and his injuries - but this seems a case where we didn‘t carry out due diligence.
I thought that Mahrez didn't show up for training to force a move away from Leicester was a huge red flag. At that time I was largely surprised we still went ahead for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.