11 wins in a row.

Next 6:

Everton (A)
Arsenal (A)
West Ham (H)
Man Utd (H)
Fulham (A)
Leicester (A)

These fixtures will go a long way to deciding the title as we play our two closest challengers. Win both and we can really start to pull away. The good thing is we have a bit of breathing space now so even if we drop a few points it's not a disaster.

Anything over 82 points wins it, particularly with everyone pretty much still to play each other, 80 might even be enough - Liverpool can make 85 max if they win every game, not happening. Rags can make 90 max if they win every game, not happening.

9 points from the next 5 games will have us in a great position but I think we'll better that
Hopefully 15 points :)

Win the next 4 and it's game over
We need 27 points from our last games and that will see us crowned so to speak.

With the schedules Manure and Leicester have and both in Europe you could see either collecting 34 points from their last 14 games in the case of Leicester when they play Manure , Chelsea and Spurs in their last 3 games and still have to play West Ham , Aston Villa and Man City and Arsenal.

They need to go 11-1 -2 to get to 80 points and good luck if you want to place a wager that they do with that fixture list with Europe still on their agenda.

More appropriately is to look at Manure who need 35 points from their remaining 15 games to get to 80 points as they have a much deeper squad than Leicester and don't have to play full strength in Europa as Leicester would if they were to progress past the likes of Praque for example.

They have Chelsea , Man City , Spurs , Leeds and Aston Villa away and Liverpool , Leicester and West Ham at home and assuming they win all the other games ( I wouldn't back them in away to Wolves for example ) they will drop at least 10 points in those 8 games highlighted.

No chance of Chelsea , Vila , West Ham , Liverpool or Spurs reaching 80 points which Leaves Everton who need 43 points from their last 17 games to do so that is 14-1-2 which again will not happen.

I don't know why anybody would firmly believe more than 80 points is needed this season we went on the best run of any side after last season resumed winning all our games bar a loss to Southampton and Chelsea dropping 6 points in the last 9 games of the season.

I am not dismissing the possibility that one of the chasing pack will end up with 79 or 78 points ( and it can only be one given the games and teams they have to play ) and its most likely to be Manure but again I would not bet heavily on them doing so.

I would not be surprised if none of the sides current placed 2nd to 9th on the table reach 80 points this season.

Must win the Burnley and West Ham games, goes without saying.

Liverpool is a free hit, we always do shite there, avoid defeat and we're laughing, win and that might be the signal for the rest of the contenders.

Spurs will be tough, they're in the hunt for top 4, could probably do with them having a couple of poor results before hand, starting at Chelsea on Thursday. Kane being out will make it a slightly easier game.

Arsenal play Benfica either side of use, starting with the away leg first, thats their best shot of Champions League football, so they may have an eye on that. Should be beating them.

United have a decent run before us but I said after the Sheffield United result that this is where I expect them to start tailing off. Dropped points to Arsenal, they'll drop points in 1 of their next 2 vs Southampton and Everton and they also have Chelsea away before us. We'll end any half chance they have left.

I'd take:
Burnley (A) - Win
Liverpool (A) - Draw
Tottenham (H) - Win (Maybe a Draw if we play well)
Arsenal (A) - Win
West Ham (H) - Win
Man Utd (H) - Draw

12-14 points in this fashion and I think we'll see it out.

2-4 points up on what I was expecting. Didn't forsee the Everton game being scheduled in which has made a hard run harder.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.