Kevin Keegan

The promotion season was brilliant. Loved it. I remember going to Crewe away on a Tuesday night or something and Ali B and the Goat were on fire! Then the 3-1 Neville derby game. Fantastic ! The Wanchope goal against Newcastle. What a great atmosphere that day. Kept us up that goal.

The boss when I became a blue. Him and a lot of those players will always have special place in my heart.

Fantastic man by all accounts

The promotion season was brilliant. Loved it. I remember going to Crewe away on a Tuesday night or something and Ali B and the Goat were on fire! Then the 3-1 Neville derby game. Fantastic ! The Wanchope goal against Newcastle. What a great atmosphere that day. Kept us up that goal.
The goal where Bernabia back heeled it to the Goat and he volleyed it in was ace- anyone got a clip of that?

At the time I thought it was the best footie I'd ever see City play. The Watford 3-0, first game of the season really set the tone for that season and we played some incredible football. Then thr stars aligned for us to sign Ali B and him and Berkovic pulled the strings, feeding the goat and everyone else. Absolute joy to watch.

As someone else mentioned that Ipswich FA Cup win which went out on BBC was a great moment and we pushed a good Newcastle side in the next round but narrowly lost.

I met Keegan a few times when he was our manager and he came across as a decent bloke. He gave us some football to get excited about, bit of belief and pride in the way we played. I remember his time at City well. Happy 70th KK.

From his book he had a dislike to the drinking culture at the club and tried to change that.
Public perception of him as a happy go lucky “man manager” arry style does him a disservice.

Many happy returns Kev, I loved the style and football we played under him, that was proper good fun.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.